OS X Mountain Lion Game crashes almost constantly...

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Bombline, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Bombline

Bombline Member

and it always seems to be different each time. Sometimes it's trying to save and continue, sometimes it's making an offering to the lutefisk god, sometimes it's just making an attack, but some way or another, my game ends up crashing. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it makes me sad, because I really like the character that I'm using at the moment [and making a new character doesn't really solve the issue, either, so there's that as well. Any help that I can get at this point would be greatly appreciated!

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

It shouldn't be happening, that's for sure. But if it's really random it's hard to pinpoint. When it crashes, see if you can find any .dmp files in ~/Library/Application Data/Gaslamp Games/Dungeons of Dredmor, or if you find something that crashes reliably, upload your savegame.

3. Bombline

Bombline Member

Okay, so I'm looking through my files right now for any .dmp's, so I'll upload them here promptly. I'll try and test a couple things again before activating my save file, as well, but I appreciate the help, either way! Expect an update soon.

4. Bombline

Bombline Member

Oh, jesus christ, I put this thread in the wrong category...I've got Mountain Lion, not Lion. I must have misclicked when I made the thread...would you want me to repost, or can we just continue from here using that information? Again, I'm really, really sorry for the ridiculous oversight...

5. Daynab

Don't worry about it, I fixed it for you. Also I'm told Nicholas fixed some stuff for OSX for the next patch. I don't know when it will go live though.

6. Bombline

Bombline Member

Hm...well, as far as the other files go, I haven't found any .dmp files, and I can't seem to upload my save, either...should I just wait for the patch and see if that works, or should I just keep trying to get a regular crash and send some crash reports in the meantime?

7. Daynab

Keep trying anyways.

8. Bombline

Bombline Member

So, a few discoveries:

1) It seems as though it might be an issue with Steam itself; when I got a crash at one point, it asked if I wanted to 'Reopen' in the crash report, and after reopening it, I was able to sit and play for a fair amount of time with no issues. [I should also mention I figured I wasn't playing through Steam because it didn't register I was playing a game, like on my friends' list or anything, and I couldn't bring up any overlay or anything.]

2) Included here are a couple of crash reports that I got while I was testing things out. 'Combat' was in the middle of a fight with a few monsters, 'Justwalking' was me simply moving through the dungeon.

3) I managed to catch the snapshot I've included as well; this seemed to happen to a few of my artifacts after I prayed to the Diggle God of Digging, so maybe there's some sort of connection to that, as well.

Hopefully these help!

Attached Files:

Essence likes this.