furries

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Tycho, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tycho

Tycho Member

ye gods they are everywhere, even here

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Kazeto.....;p
    Lol. I searched for "furries" to find the description and there is another of those awful "godhates..." sites about furries... It was the second from the top result.

I do not understand the obsession, but wow. Some people... When I get up in the morning and pick up my ugly cat and put him on my head, I am not trying to be a furry. I am just obeying my Feline Master. :p

Kazeto likes this.
  3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

4. shaken

shaken Member

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Ignorance of such things can be very comforting...

I have been largely an outcast in Human society as long as I can recall. But I never thought of pretending to be an animal to escape it all. That is what psychotropics are for. :)

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

shaken likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This is turning ugly... Lol.

8. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

Inb4 Daynab locks the thread.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

10. shaken

shaken Member

Yeah, you're right. I saw that image I linked yesterday and thought it was funny, the thread reminded me of it. Thought I'd share. ;)

11. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Well roleplaying and psychotropic drugs both have bad neurological effects when used incorrectly but you're probably better off with the roleplaying. It takes up real time and effort to do it, kind of like exercise, so it's harder to overdo it. Getting cannabaloids from running vs getting them from smoking keeps it within a natural threshold, people who get addicted to running aren't in as bad a position to break out of their addiction as people who are addicted to pot.

Also on Kazeto, having a kemonomimi avatar doesn't really reveal much about whether someone is furry or not. Kemonomimi are just cute japanese things that make people feel a little bit good when they look at it. Lots of people like them.

Frelus and Kazeto like this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Addicted to pot? Sorry. This is not the right thread or even the right forum for that argument. But suffice it to say I respectfully disagree with that even being possible. :)

You are right on Kazeto. I am not serious about that. (Just like I blamed Fax for something yesterday that I know he had nothing to do with.)

Kazeto likes this.
  13. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

As far as I know, the physical mechanism for the addiction has been discovered (and all stimulation can be psychologically addictive particularly for certain personality types). Rehabilitation is usually not a big problem but that's due to several aspects of the drug itself and the system it affects conspiring to make winding down very gradual (you can't go "cold turkey" naturally). Not all addictions are as destructive as things like gambling or smoking tobacco. There is a wide range of outcomes.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I figured you would mention psychological addiction. But that is hardly the same a a physical addiction.

But you can feed an animal or even a Human cannabis-tainted foods all day every day and switch them to other untainted foods without any risk of killing them. They may miss the effects, but it is not even close to the same. The same example with Opium would be lethal. Opium is physically addictive.

The only physically addictive cannobinoids are synthetic. I nearly died due to this several years ago. (JWH-018 was legal then. When the laws changed, I stopped using it and woke in the hospital a week or so later.)

If you would like to discuss this, please PM me. No need to irritate Daynab. :)

15. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

that guy in the sheep costume must be pretty badass to hike up to the mountains alone and with no supplies 0,0y-~~

16. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

This is a phpBB so Daynab can split the thread if he wants. It's unambiguously wrong to say marijuana is not physically addictive and this may as well be on record (I'll explain the confusion in another paragraph). It's physically addictive through the same CB1 reward pathway mechanism that makes opium, cocaine, and JWH-018 addictive. I went and checked this, the reason why they don't have cross dependencies is because opiates are three steps removed from activating that pathway, and cannabinoids and stimulant drugs are two steps away. The buck stops there for all of them though, and in all cases tolerance builds up as the body adapts to the overstimulation.

Marijuana addiction is only harmful in a tiny portion of users (while 21-30% have symptoms of dependency, only around 9% have dangerous withdrawal effects). People can get addicted to it and it'll still end up being relatively harmless even after they go cold turkey. The harm it does cause is usually very slight. Dungeons and Dragons also causes physical addiction, and so does coffee, it's actually generally very easy to get addicted to things and break addictions. The trouble is when withdrawal symptoms are so severe to the point the addicted person is endangered. This is very rare for drugs in general, by the way, things like Heroin are exceptions and not the rule. The differences here are in degree, not nature. These are complex systems with subtle and unpredictable properties and "addictive" isn't the same thing as "dangerous" or "ruinous".

jadkni, mining, Kazeto and 1 other person like this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I sit corrected. :)

Commonly the term "Marijuana Addiction" is thrown around as if it had a real relevancy. I dispute that with quite a bit of anger when people say stupid things like how they "Had to" rob someone to feed their addiction. Clearly you have it right here. I just presumed incorrectly to what extent you meant addition to imply.

But I wonder about the CB1 and CB2 receptors. You suggest that opiates use CB1 too? And I know for a fact that they are used by the Human bodies own endocannobinoid system. I am interested in this subject. Perhaps we should make a separate thread about the receptors and what binds where?

18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Damn it. Always when I am sleeping.

mining and OmniNegro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.