Funny Pictures. Safe For Work, and Safe For The Kids Too.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by OmniaNigrum, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

OmniNegro likes this.
  2. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

3. Warlock

Warlock Member

Not a picture but should still be relevant. I deceased laughing.

Rawk Hawk and Turbo164 like this.
  4. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

OmniNegro likes this.
  5. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

7. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

8. Warlock

Warlock Member

I am sadface at the newspaper article. :(

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Well, the image specifies London, so I am not sure the word has the same meaning there.

Anyone from England who can chime in and clarify? Does that word that actually means happy in every English speaking part of the world somehow have a different meaning in England? (Like in America where the word means homosexual in 99.99999% of the uses.)

I would ask for more details, but the image likely has been sent around for ages and the original newspaper is ashes by now.

(Besides, Daynab would have to close the thread if we started discussing this since many homosexuals feel threatened at the mention of the word... Oops.)

The dog image is perfect though. Just what anyone deserves for lifting the tail. :D

10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

In the UK, "gay" in the majority of cases means either homosexuality (i.e. "he's obviously gay" translates as "he's obviously a homosexual") or its slang meaning of "bad", i.e. "that's well gay" (yes, world, that's wot we talk like) means "that's fucking terrible" in more common parlance.

And that newspaper clipping looks rather suspiciously like The Daily Mail, no more about which shall be said by me.

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. Warlock

Warlock Member

The meaning is now outdated. It is almost purely used to refer offensively to those having a same-sex bent of mind. Otherwise it is also used to refer to something going or being bad, in the slang sense.

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am not a Bible thumper, but I am a dictionary thumper. That word never meant that....

And I am not entirely offended by the newspaper, but I am offended by the teachers the article is about. Shame on them. :mad:

13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's the Daily Mail. Probably about 1% of that article has any basis in fact. Seriously. Onion and Daily Mash articles have a greater base in reality than the Daily Mail does.

And the Oxford Dictionary Online confirms the meanings of 'gay' that have been mentioned in this topic. Time to get yourself a new one, ON.

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I thank you, but I find English needs no new additions. What good is a language if the meaning of every other word is changed on a whim every few decades?

But this is the wrong thread to discuss this. I will retain my backward opinions on the meanings of words. :D

*Edit* My dictionary actually *IS* older than I am...

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

back to pictures: :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I love Troll Physics/Science.

mining and OmniNegro like this.
  17. Warlock

Warlock Member

Their tagline sold me on troll science. "Science you wish were real" LOL

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. Warlock

Warlock Member

I have one circa 35 years old. to wit, 13 years older than I am. Fun times were had with it when I was young.

Granted I do own a complete volume now, but still - I have sentimental attachment to the thing.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

The thing with the time travel/money thing is that you'd probably not have access to the withdrawal methods of the future, be unable to verify your identity, the bank would probably have done whatever it does with people's money if you don't have anyone in your will when you die, and even if by chance you DID withdraw the money the currency of a hundred years into the future probably wouldn't be usable today.

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Travel to future, buy stock information for the last few decades. Travel back. Any questions? :D (Insert trollface.jpg here.)

Kazeto and Mashirafen like this.