Funny Pictures. Safe For Work, and Safe For The Kids Too.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by OmniaNigrum, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yes. Recurrence is always crazy awesome in D&D.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

IIRC, it's totally possible to break the game by abusing Savage Species and class sourcebook rules and having multiple players turn themselves into animals and take themselves as animal companions, along with various feats that improve your animal companion abilities. I don't remember the specifics, but the end result was a party that basically had perfect telepathy between the entire group at all times and could move HP around all willy-nilly while touching. Oh, and they could switch places with one another as free actions, leading to all kinds of strange tactics.

Fun times. I'm glad I switched to Everway.

3. mining

mining Member

You don't need to leave core.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Warlock

Warlock Member

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

7. Nacho

Nacho Member

I don't play much DnD, but isn't that exactly the kind of thing the DM is supposed to say "no" to? I was under the impression that, no matter how much the rules allow a certain tactic, the DM has the right to say "If you do that, I'll crush you with a meteor". I know that's why my DM planted a bomb inside my head to prevent me from playing the entire shadowrun game as a seal. Stupid DM.

Lorrelian, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, it depends on the player and the GM (or DM, whichever version you prefer).

During the last tabletop RPG campaign (it wasn't D&D, but the point still stands) where I played as a player, because I was the person most familiar with the rules and mechanics (we were still testing the system mechanics back then and I was the one who wrote them down, so it would make sense for me to be the one who knew how to do what) I was allowed to do weird things for as long as it was either that or the party being dead (we had a really unbalanced party, and my character back then was pretty much made as a buffer to all that) so that he would not have to resort to saving our characters in some crazy way that would make it look like a deus ex machina if we failed to do something.
    But then again, it was easier for us because every player could just do something that "broke the system a little" for as long as they used a triggering point (which did not regenerate and were assigned by the GM so he could give it to players who were trying to role-play their characters well instead of those who power-gamed) and were willing to deal with the consequences (since there was a "pain" mechanic in the game, many such feats, though not all, ended up incapacitating the character once its body got the message that "what it just did should have hurt it beyond belief").

So yeah, usually it is the sort of thing GMs should not allow to happen, but if it all depends on one player and the GM has some means of making sure that player will not abuse this, allowing such a thing on rare occasions when the party tried to chew more than they could is a good idea.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. mining

mining Member

Well, the idea is that the game system should be balanced enough to not require the DM to say "hahahaha how about no".

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. Warlock

Warlock Member

If the DM says "hahaha how about no" then they have no experience running a campaign of that nature. D&D to me has always been about high fantasy and high magic games. It somehow feels lacking when your DM doesn't allow certain things, or is stingy with loot. Anyone would protest about the fifth time when all you get are thousands of coppers, a couple of potions, and some normal equipment. While D&D low fantasy is perfectly playable (and indeed some of the most fun we've had is with the occasional low fantasy games), it's a matter of preference overall. If the players figure out how to break the system, well, let them do it from time to time but tailor challenges to their power levels. Don't pull punches, and throw in unexpected problems. Practice running stock scenarios and high-level encounters.

We once broke D&D 3.5 ed to its component parts, ending up with a party of average 85th level once all of it was done with. Epic level handbook was of much use here. It was terribly broken, yet the party could still feel challenged because I can be very creative with campaigns. We called it quits about the time we successfully stopped some atropals from attempting to destroy one of the lesser gods in a bid to gain its powers, and as a result, became greater powers ourselves. We could have easily used the rules for playing divine PCs, and gone on even then, but there are limits to how far any of us can go. ;)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. mining

mining Member

Well, if you've got a whole group of people who know how to game the system - that's fine. In a lot of PnP groups, you have one or two powergamers, but also the guy who roles the Samurai (without fear/paralyze/whatever cheese).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

While we're on a DnD kick:

hk6Kz.jpg

motivator1122b6896d1bd4.jpg

motivator4786285dc8fb8fe6704592a7abcadea0c611da6d.jpg

motivator083c1427da479eb4c347de060dc9bcd3fd6f338d.jpg

TheJadedMieu, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  13. Warlock

Warlock Member

14. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

What dark corner of the world do you come from where people bring their family or friends to the cemetery to die? I assume it's for the sake of convenience. Do you drop them in the graves first, or do they kind of just tip over into them as they expire? Inquiring minds want to know.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

If we are going to do videos too...

Turbo164 likes this.
  16. Warlock

Warlock Member

More of a grammatical error by whoever made the meme, methinks. "Many people are dead here!" might be a better option.

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I end up watching like... loads of Whose Line videos during the day at the moment. I don't know why. I need to get out more.

Turbo164 likes this.
  18. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

worth it :encrustment_instability:

TheJadedMieu and OmniaNigrum like this.
  19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

For some reason, I fakking love Dolan comics...

As long as they're mostly bizarre. I can only take a few of the extremely dark ones at a time, and sometimes they go a little too... uh... far?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Warlock

Warlock Member