Fungal Arts and Vampirism Bug

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by junx, Jul 19, 2011.

1. junx

junx Member

Hey,

if you for example kill 2,3..n monstern on the same tile, you can drop and use 2,3..n spores, however only a single mushroom will grow no matter how many spores you use. If you drop just 1 spore, wait pick up shroom, place 2nd wait again and so on it works fine.

With vampirism I cannot drain any corpse if I move even just 1 tile after killing a monster.

2. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

I've never had that problem with Drinker of the Dead. It only has a range of 1, but trying and failing to use it at range won't prevent it from working once you get closer. Are you sure you're not killing Batties and then hitting the wrong spot? Their bodies kind of fall in between tiles and it gets confusing.

3. VladdyLulz

VladdyLulz Member

Are you unable to drain a corpse after moving a tile, only when you use a spore on that spot? Or is it every time, whether you used a spore or not?

4. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

Using spores shouldn't prevent you from draining corpses regardless (though it'll waste the spore unless there were multiple corpses in a stack).

5. VladdyLulz

VladdyLulz Member

Well, yeah, but I am just trying to get a better understanding, since I have never tried Fungal Arts, with Drinker.

6. junx

junx Member

There are two seperate bugs that happen for me:

1.) Using spores does not prevent me from draining, however once I run lets say some tiles away and then back, then I cannot always drain the corpse.

2.) If I kill more than 1 monster on a single tile, I can put as many spores as I killed monster (i.e. they are used up), but only a single mushroom will grow - I dunno if that is intended that way.

7. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

The growth of the mushroom destroys the corpse. If you're waiting four turns after dropping the spore there's nothing left to drain; just a bloodstain on the floor. Conversely, if you eat the corpse 1-3 turns after planting the spore, the mushroom will never finish growing. It's either/or.