Fun little things

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by leshpar, Dec 24, 2012.

1. leshpar

leshpar Member

Hi, I've been playing Dungeons of Dredmor since week 1 (off and on of course, hehe), and I recently picked it back up and got into playing permadeath this time because I recently got steam working on my laptop. My laptop runs Kubuntu so I hadn't messed with trying to get steam working, then I learned about the linux version of the client and realized a couple of my games actually have linux versions of themselves available through steam. Now my laptop isn't a gaming computer by any means. In fact its a bargain web browser at best, but it can play some simple low requirement games such as DoD.

Anyway, enough backstory about me. Here is the main reason for me posting this:
    What have you noticed, if anything, is different between the Linux version of DoD and the windows version of DoD?

I have noticed 3 things.
    1) all diggles can dig underground and come back up somewhere else in the dungeon on the same floor. This even has a unique animation that isn't used anywhere else! (this is linux only it seems)
    2) when you hover the cursor over an enemy you can see its exact health like 15/21 or whatever. (Also linux only) I tested this on windows with the exact same character build and could not see their HP in numbers, just the health bar above their heads as normal.
    3) This might be a fluke or it might truly be a linux only thing, I am not sure. Every game I start on permadeath on my laptop has a ring with 5 health, 5 mana, 2 health regen, and 2 mana regen in the starting room.

One last kinda off the wall thing I noticed is that DoD works with the steam cloud. This is a good thing. However any game started and saved on my laptop will not load on my desktop (windows computer) at home. It just causes the game to crash every time. Now I haven't tried to load a game started at home on my laptop so I don't know if it goes both ways or not.
    Have you all noticed anything or am I the only one nerdy enough to be playing this game on both windows and linux?

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

The first two things aren't Linux; they're features of the latest build. The ring in the starting room is a dev mistake that is unique to Linux.

SMUGLY!

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.