Frustrating Issue with Veganism

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Shaxarok, Jun 12, 2012.

1. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

That doesn't mean it isn't possible to get by without those however.

I've had two successful runs without a heal skill, but it does turn the game into a much less forgiving war of attrition. I actually find this to be an interesting game element that makes me overjoyed to see food vendors and diggle nests, but I wouldn't suggest it to anyone who isn't a masochist with a death wish doesn't want more challenge on top of their Going Rogue, PermaDeath pain fest.

2. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I made a build a few months back which aimed to get 1HP/turn or Going Rogue - which means you need 14 :life_regen:. I used Shield Bearer(4:life_regen: toggle, 4:life_regen: on hit), Master of Arms (4:life_regen: toggle, 10:life_regen: on hit), Vegan 5:life_regen: passive, Fleshsmithing 4:life_regen: toggle , Smithing - I got that build to 14:life_regen: and 110:block: around DL 6 - that was a pretty sweet run. It wouldn't work quite the same now that Meat Shield is deeper in the flesh-smithing tree... but Walk it Off has been buffed a fair bit in exchange.

TheKirkUnited likes this.
  3. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I object! You're not allowed to regenerate your way to victory! You have to bleed your way to Dredmor one floor at a time!

Your valid strategy is disgustingly unchallenging..... also awesome. :cool:

I don't think I've ever had one health per turn regen before the 11th floor. Nice build.

4. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I like to think of it as 2HP/turn - because I could eat food at the same time!

5. mining

mining Member

I like Vegan + Alchemy/Fungal for providing that healing over time.

6. Marak

Marak Member

True, but it's like playing the game on (even harder) mode. You either have to make gameplay concessions or combine a number of skill trees together (and level them appropriately) to make up for relying on drops and food to try and survive.

As you said though, that can be a fun challenge for an experienced player. For someone new (or new-ish) to the game who's trying to net a First Kill or First Kill on X mode or with Y build... bring some healing. And the teleport. ;)

7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

...you think that's real meat in there? <_<;;

8. Megaron

Megaron Member

But wait... Aren't your tacos made from fallen Tacows? And Tacows are of the Animal taxa...

9. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

The plot (and non-meat meat substitute product) thickens!

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Check my sig. :)

11. Shaxarok

Shaxarok Member

Well, my central issue was the acid trap; I had a beautiful escape ability in rocket jump (which ceases to cause any meaningful damage to you after floor 6 or so, assuming you're building the good armor), but I was sticking on that floor against the dread collectors because I wasn't done exploring yet, and knew I needed to find the other Braxes to stop them from spawning. I'd already killed that floor's zoo, so I knew I could take it. That trap just did absurd damage out of nowhere.

It's fun to keep ahead of the dreadies by literally rocket jumping and mechastomping every time the abilities come up.

Anyhow, I'm sure that regardless of what's in those tacos, a Vegan would turn their nose up at it :p