Free Auto-Rest Macro (here it is)

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by MisterChimps, Dec 31, 2011.

1. MisterChimps

MisterChimps Member

I was looking for some auto-rest macros figuring someone had made them already but couldn't dig one up so here it is.

I heard the devs were planning on adding this later but for the time-being here's a simple macro anyone can use.

First download AutoHotKey from the site below.
    http://www.autohotkey.com/download/

I recommend you download the zipfile version, then unzip it to a folder on your desktop.

Run the program. It will minimize to your taskbar. On first use it should create a sample script in your Documents folder by default.

Select File-Edit Script and it should open the sample script in Notepad.

You can either delete the whole sample script or just paste this line somewhere inside it.

r:: send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}

Alternatively, you can use this:

^!r:: send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}send {space}

The first one presses spacebar 10 times when you press the "r" key. The alternative one presses spacebar 10 times when you press Ctrl+Alt+"r".

This is a good way to heal up quickly but remember monsters can also spawn and come after you. It's not recommended you spam this without waiting to see the results of each press.

Another word of caution, using this macro and resting a lot will cause monsters to spawn behind closed and locked doors. So if you use this for leveling when you open some closed doors you may find zoo-like filled rooms.

When you're done, go to your taskbar, right click on the AutoHotKey icon (green H) and exit.

If you have any questions you can hit me up on Steam. My Steam name is the same as here.

Cheers.