Found a game crash bug. Might know the problem.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by ObamasButcheeks, Jul 25, 2011.

1. This has happened to me twice already doing the same thing. I think what triggers the crash is shift clicking an item that is not reachable and you have your config set to auto loot that specific type of item. I dont know if that is why, like i said it crashed 2 times by me doing the same thing.

Im going to take off auto loot now and see if i can actually play this game on going rogue with no troubles.

I hope one of the developers see this and try to put in the next patch.

2. I now confirm that this causes the crash. Ran a couple of tests and it only failed when i had auto loot turned on

3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ah-HAH! Thanks, that's been bugging me all day. :)

4. Glad i helped :)

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Actually, for armour at least it *dupes* the item. Strange world. Still, let's clean them both up and see what happens.

6. Solstice

Solstice Member

@ Nicholas
    That's a silly question - you already know what will happen. Six other things will break.

;)

7. satoru

satoru Member

A dupe bug! More gifts to tithe to the Lutefisk god! :)

8. Ratha

Ratha Member

Another bug which may be related to this:

I have had items in my inventory disappear all together, usually after i swap in/out of the game with alt-tab or control-escape and then start clicking on things in my inventory. Its happened twice now, but i have not confirmed the cause. It may be related to a hotkey (alt/shift/control) being stuck, while an item is attached to the mouse cursor, and then clicking in the inventory to swap places with another item. The item on the cursor simply disappears if i recall. Its possible that i was holding shift or shift was stuck and i had an item on my cursor, and then clicked on an item on the ground to pick it up or place it down.

Will have to try and duplicate this behavior at some point on a non permadeath character.