Forum Issue on FF 13.0.1

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by FaxCelestis, Jun 23, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Every time I open a thread, I have to kill Firefox's plugin container multiple times (once per avatar, plus once for the post box). Sometimes it gives me unresponsive script warnings:
    https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js:6
    chrome://amznuwl2/content/tests.js:127

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Strange. I have FF13 and don't get this. Have you tried on a fresh profile if it was doing it too?

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I'm with Daynab there. I'm using Firefox 13.0.1, with a lot of weird add-ons installed, and the forum is working normally.

4. FaxCelestis

5. FaxCelestis

Fixed, I think. Will do some more testing. I reinstalled Firefox and Java, and restarted my computer.

6. Daynab

Javascript has nothing to do with Java. This site doesn't need Java to work.

7. FaxCelestis

Whatever :S. That's what I had to do.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You would not believe the number of times I have heard this. But somehow updating Java *DOES* apparently have some effect on how scripts are handled in the browsers. I have no idea why. They are supposed to be alien to one-another. But the evidence speaks for itself.

9. Daynab

I just uninstalled java from my pc (had to update anyway so I figured why not) and I'm not getting any issues, Javascript is working just fine.

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

A year or two ago I uninstalled Java and found that half the Internet would not work. I then reinstalled Windows entirely, along with Java and Firefox. So I cannot say for certain that something did not get messed up in the uninstall.