Formula mismatch

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by iamcreasy, Aug 23, 2012.

1. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

In this dredmore wiki page, http://www.dredmorwiki.com/wiki/Stats, the formula of life points is ( :burliness: Burliness + :caddishness: Caddishness + 5)

Now, for example, in pure warrior build, :burliness: and :caddishness: are both increased by 2 per level.

So, according to formula, :burliness: 2 + :caddishness: 2 + 5 = 9 increase of life points, will occur with every level up.

But, the life point increase is only 4 instead of 9, why? from reference : pure warrior build stats, level 1

2. Maze1125

Maze1125 Member

The formula :burliness: + :caddishness: + 5 is the formula for your current max hit-points, not for the hit points gained per-level.

A pure warrior starts with 14:burliness: and 14:caddishness: and so has 14 + 14 + 5 :life: = 33:life:. When they gain a level, they gain 2:burliness: and 2:caddishness: making the formula 16 + 16 + 5 :life: = 37:life:. So the gain is 4:life:, not 9:life:.

Turbo164 and iamcreasy like this.
  3. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

You are good! I didn't notice that.

When I wander around, I see so many stuff that its hard to reconcile unless you know what you are looking for.