First Time Lord Dredmor Slaying

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Popuptwo, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Popuptwo

Popuptwo Member

Well I picked up the game awhile ago and I played it for awhile (steam says 20-30 hours but it got skewed because I left it on :p) but I had a lot of fun with the game, I went on a trip that was like a week so I didn't touch it and I never picked it up again. But recently I was like, hey I should play that. So I did. And really early on I got the pocket dimension which really made things fun for me as I wasn't having to struggle with inventory management at all (Gosh I love that thing :p) but anywho, the first time I only got to like floor 4-5 before but this time I made it all the way to floor 10. And this is what happened:

I know what you're thinking "Oh what a sissy for playing on non perma-death" but, 1 I was so rusty at the game I forgot to check it, and 2 I hadn't ever died on the whole playthrough till meeting dred himself so yea, it really didn't effect things :p

Hope you enjoyed, thanks for your time =)

Turbo164 likes this.
  2. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Congrats on your first victory and welcome to the forums.

Turbo164 likes this.
  3. Stabbald

Stabbald Member

You effectively had infinite retries and died more than a dozen times. I don't see how you can claim that lack of Perma-Death didn't effect anything.

4. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

That's fine though.

Many people do their first run without permadeath on. It alleviates some of the frustration that the learning curve can engender. I've always played with PD on and got some laughs out of some of the ridiculous things that can kill you, (Poisoned fountains, Necro Pain, traps, and poisonous consumables being good examples of silly noob killers.) but I can see why a person wouldn't want to have to restart after every fatal mistake.

Non Permadeath is a great way to start but most folks agree that permadeath is more entertaining. Don't take my word for it though, give it a shot and decide for yourself.

As for Dread himself there are several good threads on the forum for how to deal with him if you run a search. If you prepare correctly and use good tactics you won't have to lose another 12 times to beat him. ;)

Kazeto likes this.