BETA 52B First impressions of 52B

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I won't be playing this build again.

2. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Are the new systems not to your liking?

3. Mikel

The upkeep system is worse than I expected, and I was predisposed to dislike it in the first place. Doors and decor also require upkeep, and the cost does not increase linearly as your colony expands.

4. Unforked

Unforked Member

Upkeep can be brutal, but I must endure. I must form a cult.

tojosan likes this.
  5. Mikel

Your boulder, your hill. I wish you luck. :)

Unforked likes this.
  6. tojosan

tojosan Member

I shall build just enough he said. That was until he didn't build up his military.
    Then he said time to start over.
    This is brutal with maintenance.

Unforked likes this.
  7. mcnostril

mcnostril "The First To Crash"

I don't mind the idea of it so much as how poorly communicated it is.
    I must be missing something, because it's really hard to plan for it; I decide to make six beds at 1 upkeep each, yet somehow I end up requiring 24 trunks? Then said trunks periodically get used with almost no notice except an occasional job that is easy to miss, making it hard to keep track of what's being used for what, and there seems to be no way to control which workshops use said repair trunks in case of a shortage.
    It's just really confusing, and my games now just seem to revolve around the constant hunt for more logs.

8. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

Isn't that what life is about though? Bahaha.

I'll start a game later today, haven't played the new patch yet.

I'll join yall in bugging the Devs with pesky suggestions and crash reports/bugs

9. berkstin

berkstin Member

I feel like there's something off with the upkeep. At some point I was supposed to have like 109 basic upkeep chests available per week and I didn't even have a metalworks or any advanced workshops built yet.

10. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

In the main response thread for Beta 52B, the Devs mentioned that Repair Trunk costs increase exponentially, thanks to a bug, leading to absurd upkeep amounts, and getting that fixed is a high priority.

Fluffeh and tojosan like this.
  11. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Member

Seems wise :D

12. mikail 001

mikail 001 Member

when you guys made the comment that upkeep can be brutal, did anyone try playing on a desert map where trees are few?

13. DaCrAzYmOfO

DaCrAzYmOfO Member

It sucks, even with the military load out I had carpentry, food, ceramics, one lower class and one middle class home and the upkeep was 19 chests. I had already chopped down a small forest of saguaro when I was about to start building trunks theb everything died on the 5th day at the same time, it doesn't go building per building

14. Unforked

Unforked Member

Lol, yeah, and my people were trekking for miles for wood scraps.