Fire Bad

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by Geoffrey, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Geoffrey

Geoffrey Member

To: All Colonists
    Re: Clarification of orders

My dear fellow Subjects of the Crown,

I would like to begin by mentioning how much I appreciate everybody's diligent observation of Standing Order 332.1B (Ichthyoids, Deceased, Burial Of). Your efforts in this regard have contributed to keeping our settlement tidy, reducing trip hazards, and preventing Unsanitary Odours.

However, recent events have suggested the need for a clarification to this order.

Specifically, if the Ichthyoid in question happens to be on fire, the execution of Standing Order 332.1B may be postponed until after the fire is extinguished. More generally, colonists are encouraged to exercise judgement before picking up any object that happens to be on fire at the time, and to relinquish such objects should they combust while being transported - either spontaneously or with the assistance of, for example, an over-zealous Special Investigator.

I would further like to clarify that any colonists carrying flaming objects should on NO ACCOUNT carry them towards other combustibles, e.g. trees or fellow colonists.

Your co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

On a related note, I am pleased to say that Miss Eugenia Brassgrinder is recovering well from her injuries and is expected to be back to work within a matter of days.

Yrs in Service to the Empire,
    The Administrator.

(so, yeah, it would be good if colonists didn't carry burning fish-men around. I think the Special Investigator zapped it just as she was picking it up.)

Kaidelong and Jagwithtude like this.
  2. Samut

Samut Member

Counterpoint: Fire GOOD.

(But yes, people probably shouldn't pick up anything that's on fire.)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Exile likes this.