Fencing, Gates or Store Houses

Discussion in 'Design Suggestions' started by Regina Absher, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I think being able to building fences with gates and/or a store house where you could store your goods would be great. I think it would only make sense that the colonists would want to protect their goods and food from beasts and bandits.

Exile and Tikigod like this.
  2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Fences are being worked on. What differentiates a storehouse from a stockpile?

Exile likes this.
  3. Sathra

Sathra Member

Item compression? Takes less space for multiple different commodities (it'd save on framerate too I guess). It'd also make it easier to centralise goods while protecting them from stray explosions.
    A 'Granary' or something would be an interesting addition. Stores food in an Airship Mast-type building. Reduces walking time for cooks (since they're pulling stacks from a single point), but losing the building would result in the loss of all/most of the food as well. Late-game structure.
    A building that works like a stockpile with walls (items on floor) wouldn't add much though, beyond defensive benefits. It'd look nice though.

Exile and Tikigod like this.
  4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

Some variations of storehouses would be an awesome addition.

I guess somewhat common functionality to a tavern/pub but adjusted slightly.

Colonists take raw goods of 'category A' into 'storehouse type 1' which then gets stored some kind of storage module that has a capacity per module but being more efficient than individual ground stockpile tiles and removes the task of consolidating stacks from the workforce. For food storehouses it also saves them from wandering critter consumption.

When colonist needs item of 'category A' they then go to the nearest 'storehouse type 1' and retrieve x number of units from a storage module.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    Exile likes this.