Feature request: Autocast

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by HumbleSloth, Jul 17, 2011.

1. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

I would like to be able to autocast some spells whenever they are available, like Second Sight.

2. mwoody

mwoody Member

I doubt you'll see it, as it would be a terrible idea. Casting anything takes a turn, and there are times when one turn is all that lies between you and death.

3. jareddm

jareddm Member

It sounds like you've been playing a little too much WoW.

4. lazareth

lazareth Member

A very bad idea but a very real need. With some of the spells which either _must_ be kept up or _must_ be used as often as permitted I sometimes find myself forgetting to reapply them. I'm especially looking at Charge Rod. But what we need is not a turn-wasting "but I needed to drink a healing potion now!" moments.

What would be nice, however, would be a more dramatic notification when time-dependent events happen, like a cooldown finishing. For example, cool gold letters flaming on the screen momentarily or just a floating text of the ability (with a minus if it is expired) on the character?

5. mcbobo

mcbobo Member

What you could do, is auto move the skill to the hotkey position.
    That in combination with a flashing light or what ever.
    That way you yourself can decide if it is time to reactivate the skill, but don't have to scroll through your skills.

6. Hmm-Hmm.

Hmm-Hmm. Member

Perhaps what could be done is have a toggle on certain 'buff' spells. But on the other hand.. it feels way too easy and automatic. And I say turns shouldn't be spent without your input. Ever.

7. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

Ha yeah good point I guess I don't actually want it taking my turns at the wrong time. :) I don't know if there is a good solution.

8. DragonRider

DragonRider Member

The easiest solution is to make certain buffs not take a turn to cast. Instead of, say, Suit Up being a buff spell that you're allowed to spend an action on every 40 turns, it becomes a passive attribute that automatically refreshes itself if it isn't currently active and it's been a minimum of 40 turns since its last refresh. By a similar token, spores from Mushroom Farmer and lockpicks from the basic burglary skill could just be automatically added to your inventory without fanfare every X turns without requiring a prompt from the player or costing you a turn.