FAXPAX: A Thing What Fax Made

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Sorry about the confusion. My jokes often do not translate well to forums. My jokes about the Fax Hat were just that. The png images above are the issue. (Again...)

2. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

waaaaat.

It must have not zipped correctly. Will fix when I'm on my own computer. In the interim, you can put these in /sprites/:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Here are the fixed versions for everyone to enjoy. Thank you Fax. May all Hats shine upon you!

Attached Files:

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. FaxCelestis

Corrected versions uploaded.

5. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Small issue-- FaxPax with DA shows up in the mod launcher as "FaxPax (No DA)".

6. FaxCelestis

Damnable mod.xml. Fixing...

EDIT: FOX'D

Essence likes this.
  7. Glazed

Glazed Member

I have two criticisms of the Spellsword skill.

I don't like the scaling of Magic in the Blood. It does more and more damage as you level up yet it only heals a flat amount of MP. I don't like how it encourages me to take off all of my +Magic Power items before casting it. Magic Power should never be a bad thing. The self-damage scales 100% with Magic Power. If you are playing a mostly wizard character who likes to melee, this spell becomes unmanageable in later levels. Or else it becomes tedious because I need to lower my Magic Power before casting it.

On a different note, did you intentionally make Arcane Might uncancellable? The stats is grants you don't seem that great when faced with a guaranteed loss of all of your mana. The high casting cost and very high upkeep seem like enough of a balance for its effects.

8. FaxCelestis

I originally wanted Magic in the Blood to return a percentage of your MP, but negative values don't play well with drainMana. If you can think of a better mechanism, I'm all ears. As far as Arcane Might, that's a good point. I'll make it cancellable.

9. FaxCelestis

0.5 RevB uploaded.

10. Kurokitty

Kurokitty Member

It's telling me that butcher32.png cannot be found and then crashes?

11. FaxCelestis

If you don't have RotDG, it'll do that. You can go into spellDB.xml and replace butcher32.png with stat_chr32.png, and it should work.

12. FaxCelestis

0.5 Rev C uploaded. It includes the dreaded tacow. Fear its terrible hot sauce breath!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

xpancakes11x, Daynab, Essence and 2 others like this.
  13. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

One of your smithing recipes is causing my game to crash.

For example, when i go to the section of the blacksmith crafting list where your recipes would be, my game crashes.

I hope this helps.

14. FaxCelestis

Do me a favor and try commenting out the level 6 lines for the two orcish shuriken entries, see if that fixes it.

15. FaxCelestis

DAMNABLE PNGS

Y U NO INDEX PROPERLY

Fixed. Redownload plz.

Kazeto likes this.
  16. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

So, apparently there's a hidden message that may or may not be from your mod?

[​IMG]

17. FaxCelestis

Not my mod. Try ID or RR.

18. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Looked through the text.xml. It's from ID.

Banjo, go report to Rolfe and see what kinda prize you get. =P

19. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Well, this is annoying. Child of Midas crashes the game when I level up and pick it. :(
    But only after putting at least one point in it. It crashes on picking the Bad touch one, with Transmutive damage bonus.
    I am sad now.

20. Borodin

Borodin Member

Quick question: I've not used (or created) any mods before for this game. I notice the mod and sprites subdirectories in the archival folder, but the game folder on my hard drive has a subdirectory of mods, plural. Does that mean I drop both the mod and sprites folders into the mods folder? Or do I need to add the contents of mod and sprites to the mods and sprites folders already present under Dungeons of Dredmor?

I hope that made sense to you. It did to me, but I have a strange mind.

EDIT: Actually, neither seems to bring up the mods under the Mod Launcher screen. :confused: