FAXPAX: A Thing What Fax Made

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Megaron

Megaron Member

Known issue, not mod-related. Look around the forums for a solution.

2. Firgo

Firgo Member

okey dokey thanks for the reply good to know i didn't horrible break anything

3. mkire

mkire Member

maybe it is just me, but the fire-dragon aspirant's skills seem somewhat off: The lingering breath deals more overall damage than even the capstone due to the DOT.

also, is it possible to convert steam workshop mods into .zip files so i can peer at their innards?

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah. Rename them from WhateverItIs.dat to WhateverItIs.zip.

5. mkire

mkire Member

Is Foxy_wand.jpg part of fax-pax? I'm getting crashes because dredmor can't find it and i'm trying to figure out which mod i need to fiddle with to fix the problem.

edit: answer is yes, but i can't figure out why it is causing a crash, to my understanding so long as the names are the same they should work.

6. lawpocket

lawpocket Member

Can someone direct me to what exactly the brofistery skills do? Thanks in advance.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

There is no official documentation. It is a skill you pretty-much just have to try. You will either figure it out or not. Sorry to disappoint.

You can always read the XML of the skills and spells used by it. That would tell you everything if you have the patience to read insane code. (Fax is possessed by The God of Hats, and thus insane.)

8. FaxCelestis

I think there's something on page 16 or 17.

EDIT: It's on 15.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Dear Unholy Felines! That Wildfire thing is fucking nuts. I was at full health, had ~30 :resist_conflagratory:, and ~200 :life:. I threw one far. All the way across a mostly cleared zoo. Thirty seconds of insanity later, I was dead. Why not have it spawn The Bomb on every tile on the level too Fax?

I swear the thing did not stop at my death either. It just kept hitting me for crazy damage. It probably hit me fifty times or more, each doing somewhere around 20 damage after resistances. It was still going back and forth in waves of insane when the game finally crashed.

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

How did you have -200 health? Also, I think any fire attack would ruin your day if you had -30 :resist_conflagratory:. :p
    Since like a single hit from a Thermoblobby would do 33 damage.

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Oh, you know he had +30 resistance and +200 health.

Killer2 and OmniNegro like this.
  13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

No actually, I didn't. :oops:
    I feel dumb now. I feel as though I stepped on that trap that makes you go dumdum.

OmniNegro and Kazeto like this.
  14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Actually, the forum auto-translated the tilde I used before those into the minus you see. I use tilde to indicate "Somewhere around" before I specify a number for things like this. I did not notice that when I posted it. Sorry for the confusion David. But that is somewhat funny. :D

I wonder what this forum has against the tilde symbol? ~ is not supposed to equal -.

*Edit* I am glad I posted that. It actually *IS* different. Check this out, ten of each:
    Tildes.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Minus.
    ----------

No font changes were made. They look different, but it is hard to tell a tilde from a minus with the default font.

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

By the way, I am usually the last to suggest a nerf to anything, but that wildfire thing may be a worthy exception to this.

A hundred The Bombs would not equal one vial of wildfire.

16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

They are easy to differentiate if you don't use the standard page zoom. Both zooming in and zooming out (I've it zoomed out, because large and easy-to-read letters are for diggles) makes then different than the "longer minus" you see normally.

Turbo164 and OmniNegro like this.
  17. FaxCelestis

That's not true. It deals very little damage unless you have alchemy. In either instance, using a Bomb is far safer than using a Wildfire. Wildfire's primary balancing mechanism is that using it at anywhere less than extremely long range is very likely to cook you.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Oh. I had just used a bunch of Rama Bananas and crafted some potions... That explains things. I will avoid doing that ever again. Thanks Fax. :D

19. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Actually, if you have some way to avoid the flames, I think you should do that again, the next time you meet Dredmor or something.

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

But there's no reason to make that fight with Dredmor super easy. :p