FAXPAX: A Thing What Fax Made

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Feb 2, 2012.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

This mod contains the Inquisitor, Spellsword, Clutch of Midas, Meteorology, Dragon Aspirants, Avenging Executioner, Brofistery, and Dastardly Scoundrel skills. It also contains the Encyclopedia Magica. It does not contain the MonsterPak.

FAXPAX REQUIRES ROTDG, NTXP, AND COTW TO WORK. Sorry, doods.

Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevJ
    Crafts
    *Devious' crafting recipe fixed

Items
    *The Rod of Lordly Might now just casts Never Outnumbered, since it was basically the same thing anyway.
    *Wildfire, Pox, and Plague Bombs have been Essence-ified and should be not crashy or self-replicating.

Skills
    Clutch of Midas
    *Passives completely revamped
    *Clutch of Midas now starts with Solutions of Gold instead of Gold Ingots.
    *Lead Into Gold now consumes zorkmids instead of mana.
    *Body of Gold replaced with Heart of Gold,
    *The Bad Touch now triggers 100% on crit rather than 20% of the time on hit.
    *The Worse Touch now triggers 34% of the time on hit instead of 30%
    *Body of Molten Gold removed

Inquisitor
    *Inquisitor is now a warrior skill

Spellsword
    *Spellsword has been completely revamped.

Meteorology
    *Roll the Dice has been replaced with Predictions Come True

Haunted
    *The Haunted skill has been added.

Brofistery
    *I Cast Fist proc chance on Dr. Zhivabro raised from 10% to 20%

Dastardly Scoundrel
    *Now has a progressing chance of triggering sneak attack on hit on every level, maxing out at an effective chance of ~15.9% per hit at maximum level.

Self-Righteous Adept
    *Skills now scale with melee power instead of magic power

Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevF
    Skills
    *Added amount= values to dragon aspirant skills. Hopefully this'll clear up the infinite rings thing.
    *Changed Dragonfire Aspirant's capstone's name to prevent conflicts with Compleat Essential Skills.

Items
    *Wildfire, Dr. Sanin's New-Style Diphtheria, and Essence's Essentially Emasculating Pox now function differently. Getting the old 'slow-spread' method to both work and not lag the game to shit wasn't working, so they use a new 'fast-spread' method. Stand very far back when using these items.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevE (where did D go there was no D what are you talking about)
    Items
    *Redid the art for the variable enhancer, sword of lutefisking, Devious, and Vicious.

Spells
    *Truly fixed Pox/Plague/Wildfire bombs being gigantic lagwhores. Warning, wildfire bombs may now be *more* dangerous.
    *Flee The Scene now blinks an additional two times.

Crafts
    *Added missing strawberry daiquiri to aqua vitae recipe.
    *Added broom of sweeping to hefty stick recipe.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevC
    Items
    *Redid the art for some items.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevB
    General
    *Fixed omgtenthousand little errors that flew under the radar thanks to Glazed's validator.

Brofistery
    *Switched places of I Cast Fist and Bros Before Foes.

Items
    *Altered how damaging infusions work: they are now grenade-likes rather than emanations.
    *Added concoctions, which are like infusions with a smaller area and less damage, but are easier to make.
    *Added affectsCorpses="0" to the pox and plague bombs to cut down on lag.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.9.RevA
    Items
    *Fixed a crash with the Infusion of Leeching, Infusion of Osmosis, and Infusion of Accelerated Comprehension due to poorly indexed sprites.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.9
    Items
    *Tinkered with the mechanics for wildfire and plague bombs to try to cut down on the truly ludicrous amounts of lag they can inflict.
    *Added alchemical infusions (and recipes for them). They have effects that scale with your alchemy level.
      *Infusions of vitality restore 20+(2*A) HP
      *Infusions of wisdom restore 20+(2*A) MP
      *Infusions of lightning/flame/acid/ice inflict 10+(10*A) elemental damage in a small burst.
      *Infusions of elemental maelstrom inflict all four elemental infusions in a small burst.
      *Infusions of leeching drain 1+(2*A) HP of damage from animals, others, and demons.
      *Infusions of osmose restore 1+(1*A) MP per hit, regardless of taxa.
      *Infusions of accelerated comprehension give you extra XP when you kill something for 30 turns.
      *Added the missing mineral galena (using existing game assets) as a unique component for alchemical infusions. If there's enough rattling of the cage, I might make a way to turn gold ingots into galena in a sort of gold-into-lead alchemy spoof.
      *If there's demand, I may split these alchemical infusions off into their own mod, and/or make infusions that temporarily grant you partial benefits of a skill you don't possess.
    *Snuck in an overclocked lemon. Read Goats if you don't get the reference.
    *Changed the flavor text for sugar.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevG
    Skills
    *Fixed Out of Phase faulty stackability (had stackable="0" instead of allowstacking="0").

Items
    *Added three new grenades
      *Wildfire vials explode on contact and spread fires across corpses
      *Plague bombs (two kinds) explode on contact and inflict a spreading disease. Stand back while it does its work.

Crafts
    *Included alchemical recipes for all three new items.
      *One plague bomb requires an YHTNTEP item (alchemical ooze), so in order to craft it you will need YHTNTEP.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevF
    *Crash bug fix? Missing spells fix? Maybe?
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevE
    Dastardly Scoundrel
    *Doubled duration of Vanish invisibility to 12 turns. Gave Vanish a 12-turn cooldown.
    *Changed part of Never Outnumbered from target to targetmonster, which should make it function properly.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevD
    Skills
    *Added the Dastardly Scoundrel skill. There is a short description of how this works on page 16 of this thread.

Items
    *Fixed the Rod of Lordly Might so it doesn't cast the spell on you once per corpse you're standing on.
    *Added the Rod of Necrotic Might, which casts a spell on you for each corpse you're standing on.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevC
    Items
    *All booze added by this mod now have recipes to turn them into aqua vitae.
    *Martini recipe changed from two aqua vitae into two aqua vitae and a diamond.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevB
    Brofistery
    *Broface
      *Passive: removed 1 AA and 2 Dodge
    *Bros Before Foes
      *Increased downtime from 10 to 20.
    *I Cast Fist
      *Decreased righteous bonus damage from 1+(.5*melee) to 1+(.2*melee)
      *Altered Make It Explode bonus damage from 1+(.5*melee) conflagratory to 1+(.3*melee) conflagratory and 0+(.2*melee) righteous.
      *Increased downtime from 5 to 15.
    *Flanking Bro
      *Passive: added 3 Dodge.
    *Bad Bromance
      *Decreased charm time from 15 to 7.
    *Dr. Zhivabro
      *Passive: added 2 AA
    *Power of the Broforce
      *Passive: added 5 resist and 5 reflect
      *Dassive: decreased bonus righteous damage from 2 to 1

Items
    *Salty Bawl can now stack up to 10 times.
    *TACO changed from target to self, and added a smallicon. This may fix the crash problem.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8.RevA
    Skills
    *Added the Brofistery skill. There's a short explanation of how the skill works on pg 15 of this thread.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.8
    Meteorology
    *Fixed broken art pathing for Predict Heat/Storm/Snow.

Items
    *Changed the mojito: it no longer gives you a DoT teleportation effect; instead it provides a short term "dodge everything but no attacking" buff, leaving it still in its intended position as an emergency escape mechanism.
    *Added a TACO item. Tacows will now drop them.
    *Tinkered with the mixed drink sprites.

Rooms
    *Tiki Bar item spawn rate changed from 33% to 20%. Also added some masks and gave it the special="1" flag.

Monsters
    *Fixed the tacow's death animation. The tacow also flies.
    == INCOMPATIBILITY LINE: SAVES MADE USING VERSIONS OF FAXPAX FROM BELOW THIS LINE WILL NOT WORK WITH VERSIONS ABOVE THIS LINE. ==

Older Changes Available Below.

Attached Files:

Arendeth, sSs1897, delta534 and 11 others like this.
  2. Repulsion

Repulsion Member

I like it! It's really compact, and useful, and it appears that Interior Dredmorating and Encyclopedia Magicka work together if I use Magicka from this.

One concern I have though, is that, well... Dragon Aspirant's takes up so many skill slots! I like all the mods in the Pack (or should I say Pax?), including Dragon Aspirants, but I wonder if there could be a NoDragonAspirantsFaxPax, so that I could have Dragon Aspirants and all the other skills separate. Thus, if one, say, wanted to use Encyclopedia Magicka and Spellsword, but not Dragon Aspirants, it would be fairly easy?

3. Loren

Loren Member

4. That's a pretty good idea; they take up a lot of space in the skill window.

The FaxPax is also a great idea, though - saves a lot of space in the modloader for checkbox clicking n stuff! Thanks for doing this, Fax!

5. Onamar

Onamar Member

Neato, I'd download it right now but I'm actually taking a break building my new rig right now, so it would be sort of a waste to download it onto a computer that's never going to be touched again once I get this one cable that I'm missing for the new one.

6. FaxCelestis

WHOOPS, forgot itemdb.xml. NEW VERSION UPLOADED.

EDIT: STEALING THIS POST TO HOLD OLD CHANGELOGS
    Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevG
    Meteorology
    *Fixed broken art pathing in spellDB.xml.

Dragon Aspirants
    *Fixed broken art pathing in spellDB.xml.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevF
    Meteorology
    *Fixed broken art pathing in skillDB.xml

Dragon Aspirants
    *Fixed broken art pathing in skillDB.xml

Clutch of Midas
    *Increased Nimbleness penalty from -1 per level to -2 per level.

Haunted, Implacable Man, Discharger
    *Introduced placeholder material for upcoming stuff. It's commented out for now.

File Structure
    *Reorganized skill art into consistent, human-navigable folders.
    *Removed DA/NoDA split. See the thread for more information about this change.

Items
    *Fixed the Fieuree Cap mushroom crash. For reals this time. I'm serious.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevE
    Meteorology
    *Fixed some broken image paths that resulted from forgetting to repackage /sprites/ after making the /sprites/skills/ folder more human-navigable and generally more consistent

Dragon Aspirants
    *Fixed some broken image paths that resulted from forgetting to repackage /sprites/ after making the /sprites/skills/ folder more human-navigable and generally more consistent

Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevD
    Rooms
    *Fixed the tiki bar respawn error for reals.

Skills
    *Changed some art paths, fixed some broken ones.
    *Fixed commented-out skills causing a crash from having nested comments

Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevC
    Rooms
    *Changed the Tiki Bar's height from 7 to 8, and removed the center south door. THIS WILL BREAK SAVES USING 0.7.REVB OR EARLIER, YOU ARE DULY WARNED.
      *Reduced the spawn rate on booze in the tiki rate from 40% to 33%.

Items
    *Possibly fixed the Mojito.

Skills
    *Finished adding Kaidelong's art for Avenging Executioner.
    *No other changes*

*Yeah Right

== INCOMPATIBILITY LINE: SAVES MADE USING VERSIONS OF FAXPAX FROM BELOW THIS LINE WILL NOT WORK WITH VERSIONS ABOVE THIS LINE. ==

Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevB
    Items
    *Fixed the Fieuree Cap Mushroom (and by extension, the Variable Enhancer) having a broken graphic.
    *Changed the Variable Enhancer's buffing mechanism.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.7.RevA
    Rooms
    *Fixed a bug with the tiki bar creating booze every time you entered.

Clutch of Midas
    *Cashblast damage reduced.
      *Old damage: 15 conflagratory, 15 transmutative, .5F transmutative, scales by magic power.
      *New damage: 10 conflagratory, .1F conflagratory, 10 transmutative, .2F transmutative, scales by haywire.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.7
    Rooms
    *Added two shrines

Diggle Gods
    *Added the Diggle God of Mediocrity. His shrine appears between floors one and five.
    *Added the Diggle God of Booze. His shrine appears between floors three and eight.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.6.RevD:
    Avenging Executioner
    *Added a little more art.

Rooms
    *Added a tiki bar.

Items
    *Added rare cocktails that can only be found in the tiki bar. They have interesting side effects.
    *Added some reagents for making said cocktails.
      *Mint intentionally restores both health and mana.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.6.RevC:
    Avenging Executioner
    *Added the art for reals.
    *Inspire Terror now has a real duration.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.6.RevB:
    Avenging Executioner
    *Procs now have after="1" flag, so they take affect after the triggering effect.
    *Added some art.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.6.RevA:
    Thunderbreath Aspirant:
    *Fixed lightningarc vs. lightningarc_ error gained from a change in the core file structure.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.6:
    Skills
    *Added the Avenging Executioner skill, a kill/crit-proc-centric skill (sort of like Blood Mage for melee). It is in beta and still needs art. Leave questions, comments, and concerns about it in this thread.
      *Bloody Murder intentionally uses a randomized template.

Meteorology
    *Meteor Storm now deals 1+.1f aethereal damage in addition to its base 2+.2f crushing, 1+.1f blasting, and 1+.1f conflagratory damage. This damage is included in each stage of the spell, so dropping it directly on a target deals 8+.8f crushing, 4+.4f aethereal, 4+.4f blasting, and 4+.4f conflagratory, while targets further out from the center will take reduced damage.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5 RevF:
    Items:
    *Fixed broken throwing sprite for orcish shuriken.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5 RevE:
    Items:
    *Removed the swallow sword as it was a crashy game-stopping monster of hatred.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5 RevD:
    *Reindexed every image in the mod due to GIMP's dumbassery. The tacow should be less of a crashmonster and more of a foodmonster now.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5 RevC:
    Monsters:
    *The dreaded tacow and its fierce hot sauce breath now wander on early floors.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5 RevB:
    Spellsword:
    *Magic in the Blood's damage is now transmutative and inflicts bleed, and its mana restoration is scalar based upon your melee power.
    Code:
    Changes for 0.5.RevA:
    Items:
    *Maxwell's Silver Hammer, a 6th level hammer, is now droppable. It has a special proc against demons.
    *Orcish weapons (double axe, dire mace, shuriken, wand, and double spear) are now droppable and craftable.
    *A double-bladed sword (the swallow sword) is now droppable and craftable.

Code:
    Changes for 0.5:
    Dragon Aspirants:
    *Dragonfire Aspirant now uses the cone shape for its first three levels.
    *Uttercold Aspirant now uses the cone shape for its first three levels.
    *Thunderbreath Aspirant now uses a unique line template for its first three levels.
    *Heartburn Aspirant now uses a unique line template for its first three levels.
    *Breathstealer Aspirant now uses the cone shape for its first three levels.
      *Inhalation and Lingering Vacuum now use the suction effect instead of paralyze.
    *Self-Righteous Aspirant now uses the cone shape for its first three levels.
    *Necrolyzing Aspirant now uses a unique line template for its first three levels.
      *Hoard Life's damage reduced from 7 + .35f to 5 + .25f.
      *Deathly Radiance's damage reduced from 11 + .5f to 7 + .3f.

Inquisitor:
    *Smite Evil cooldown raised from 5 to 7.
    *Know Thine Enemy debuff brittleness reduced from 2 hits to 1.

Spellsword:
    *Arcane Might's chance of triggering Hideous Blow and Arcane Strike reduced from 50% to 33%.

Meteorology:
    *Acid Rain glint density increased from 20 to 25.

Items:
    *Tea of O'rlyeh durations reduced from 48/24/12/6/3 to 32/16/8/4/2.
    *Tea of O'rlyeh price reduced from 50000 to 5000.
    *Foxy Wand random charges reduced from 4-8 to 2-6.
    *Rod of Lordly Might random charges reduced from 3-7 to 2-4.
    *Rather Common Candy price increased from 250 to 500.
    *Uncommon Candy price increased from 500 to 1000.
    *Rare Candy price increased from 1000 to 2000.

7. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

Quick heads up- This seems to crash with Interior Dredmorating.

8. FaxCelestis

Really? :\ Why would it do that? I know the Monster Pak had that problem, but nothing in this should conflict... RB, you have any idea?

9. Salanmander

Salanmander Member

I just got a reproducible (kind of) crash using this and interior dredmorating...but after playing around I'm not sure if it's an interaction or just this. Basically, one of my characters crashes to desktop every time I try to move to floor 2. I started another one and didn't get a crash on moving to floor 2. However, some characters are crashing on trying to move to floor 1 (i.e., create)...which makes keeping the save difficult. This behavior continues with only faxpax enabled, but seems to be more pronounced with both faxpax and interior dredmorating (but with randomness it's always really hard to tell).

Anyway, I've attached the autosave (from the crash moving to floor 2), the save file that crashes when moving to floor 2, and the save file that doesn't. Both use faxpax, interior dredmorating, and swift striker. I'm running windows 7 if it matters. Hopefully this will be useful.

Attached Files:

10. FaxCelestis

AFAIK, that's an ID error: Faxpax adds no rooms, so generating a new floor shouldn't do anything.

11. Salanmander

Salanmander Member

I do get crashes on character creation with *only* faxpax enabled. Do you have any idea what might cause that? (Or if it's just base-game bugginess.)

I'll go post the saves over on the ID thread as well.

12. Alcatraz471

Alcatraz471 Member

Why did you put all your mods into one.
    I like some individuals but there are some i could do without

if you could make them individuals that would be awesome

13. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

The "individuals" are still available in their respective threads, easily reached by clicking the relevant "Deprecated: See FAXPAX" links in the Completed Mods Index thread. As for putting all the mods into one, it helps Mac users taste the awesome while waiting for a version of Dredmor that lets them load more than one mod at once.

ALSO:

14. FaxCelestis

Okay, so it has a rooms.xml, but it creates a testing room that is completely unaccessible through normal gameplay.

15. FaxCelestis

I'll do some testing tomorrow. It might be a corrupted or unindexed image sprite.

16. Alcatraz471

Alcatraz471 Member

Damn i am dumb sry

thx

17. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Hey, all. I had the same complaints as a few others -- Dragon Aspirant skills were just clogging the screen a bit too much -- so here's a simple revision of the FaxPax that removes the dragon aspirant skills and lists all of the other mod components in the mod loader screen so that you can easily remember what you're loading the FaxPax for. :)

Attached Files:

18. FaxCelestis

RB Bergstrom found what was causing the crash. REMEMBER TO USE THE MOST RECENT VERSION WHEN REPACKING, FAX.

I'll have the new version (one split, and one unsplit) up today.

MrAltamente and Essence like this.
  19. FaxCelestis

FOX'D! 0.2.DA and 0.2.NoDA uploaded. Also fixes* the crash bug RB Bergstrom found.

*I think it does, anyway, I haven't been able to reproduce it.

20. Repulsion

Repulsion Member

When I use dragon aspirants and the NoDA Faxpax, I get crashes whenever I try to start a character. no exceptions.

any idea of what is wrong?

edit: I think some of the items with this mod crash with interior dredmorating