Extra Inventory Space

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Altre, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Altre

Altre Member

Would it be possible to add extra inventory space via something like a bag of holding (ala D&D)? I'm looking to add carrying bags, quivers for arrows, and possibly a container for throwables.

OmniNegro and aggelon like this.
  2. Hanyou Hottie

Hanyou Hottie Member

I second this request, but for different reasons. The patch notes for 1.0.8 got my hopes up with "2x inventory", but that was just the visual size. Inventory management is the absolute most annoying thing in the game for me and prevents me from using any of the crafting skills because I just don't want to deal with having no space. Is it possible to increase the size of the inventory? I wouldn't even care if the image of the bag behind the inventory wasn't the right size. If not, then a bag of holding would be fine too.

3. CookiezEater

CookiezEater Member

Not possible

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Sure it is. Just mod in an item called "extra backpack space" that uses the old crafting-item code but creates a 20x20 "crafting" matrix. :)

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure what would happen if you leave items in and save/reload however.

6. Sooty

Sooty Member

Ah request inventory size+ mod!!!

It'll be a really easy fix to inventory management given the... honestly speaking, clunky design of the crafting tools (even after this current patch). I mean, to work one single crafting line you often need 2 different tools and who knows how many materials since now what you can make depend on what materials you can get...

7. aggelon

aggelon Member

+1 :)

8. Altre

Altre Member

I still haven't gotten around to making this mod, with all the work we're doing on the new house and the holidays and whatnot happening. I'll look into the old crafting table code and see about doing it that way. I have a stealth mod and two rebalancing mods in the works (one for basic DoD and the other for the expansion). Thanks for the ideas! Also, yes, adding quivers is on the list definitely. :)

9. Gvaz

Gvaz Member

I also want this.

By floor 2 I'm already getting lots of inventory issues, having to hold on to these reagants, no quivers for equips, having to hold on to foods and other thing really sucks.

I kind of want like, five times the available space there is now.

10. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's some serious thread-necro, there, Gvaz. :eek: Nobody had posted on this for 3 months.

Since I'm here: I'm _probably_ going to try Essence's "use the old crafting code" idea on some sort of 'bag of holding' type thing in the next release of Interior Dredmorating. Honestly, I'm surprised no one's done this yet. So gimme a week or two to get the other stuff in the next version working right, and then I'll make you a quiver or fanny pack or something.

MrAltamente, Kazeto and Essence like this.
  11. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

It's not especially moddable. Adding a tool to act as a bag could be ... dubious.

This is definitely an issue I want to address sometime in the next little while.

12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Especially since there was an issue where things stored in those tools would shuffle post save and quit, which could lead to things in those tools shuffling into deprecated tools and becoming inaccessible.

13. Mosslander

Mosslander Member

A custom dimension could be the key to people's inventory concerns.

My method for dealing with an over flowing inventory is to find a room with a lot of same level portals (for easy access), and putting infrequent access items (crafting stuff, extra food, etc...) sorted into piles, and coming back to it after every level, and eventually shlepping the whole thing down a few levels when I get about five floors past it.

With a bit of dimensional control, a storage dimension could be created. Accessible either from a custom room or (if possible) a summoned portal tile.

14. Aegho

Aegho Member

I'm intrigued by the pocket dimension idea. I'm not sure wether it can be done with existing mod tools or not, but it feels like it should be. Code similar to mystical portals could take you there, and then deposit you out at the same place you entered. Could be tricky and need some clever code-fu though. Note that this is essentially an unlimited inventory.