Essential DoD Skills I and II Finally Game-Ready!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Eliminates the need for caution and planning? Wow, I must suck at this game, because I still need to be cautious and plan even with Bushido. :D

That said, I've honestly been surprised that no one has called Bushido overpowered before. Here are my defenses:

1) The first level is overpowered with the +5 critical bonus. I honestly forgot that that was there when I decided to loadout the Wakizashi. It should be removed.

2) The Melee Power bonuses, however, are staying. The tree is almost entirely defensive without them, and I don't want that. I'd rather nerf elsewhere and keep the Melee Power.

3) Jaws of Death is intended to be a DL 9-15 skill. If it seems overpowered at DL 3-5, that's because it is overpowered at those levels, but it's a design conceit that I have to work around: you can always have one capstone skill of your choice by DL2, period. I might consider swapping Final Stand and Jaws of Death, but that wouldn't really do much to mitigate the problem -- but Warriors really do need that kind of Resistance bonus in the RotDG realm. And keep in mind that it's dependent on getting hit, so by the time you build up to any really significant level of resistance, you're taking some decent damage along the way. I'm not at all convinced that this needs addressing.

4) Mind Like Meatloaf, as I've said before, is designed to replace food, to make inventory management possible for Warriors who want to Smith and carry around a few spare high-end bolts for Zoos, for example. That said, I'm willing to entertain the notion that it's too powerful, because you're not the first person to mention it. But rather than ditch it, I'd rather add drawbacks that make it harder to deal with. Any ideas?

2. Maybe halve JoD's resistance bonus, but make it stack twice as much?

3. Essence

That's doable, but it would of course necessitate doubling the duration. That cool with you?

4. Oh right, forgot that, yeah, that's a given.

Alternatively, you could make the level for this skill come with a max HP penalty that's crippling to low-level players, but perfectly okay for high-level ones. Whichever you prefer.

As for MlM, Maybe make it not QUITE max out your HP regen? Maybe leave it 3 or so points shy of it?

5. Essence

The problem with maxing out HP regen is that it'd either be dead useless on Going Rogue or it would be OP on Dwarven Moderation. :(
    Instead, I changed MLM so that it gives -45 Dodge and -25 Counter (in addition to the -20 Sagacity and -10 Nimbleness), and made it an unremovable 4-brittle buff -- so essentially, you get full HP between battles, but your first 4 hits of the next fight are essentially guaranteed to hit. I also quadrupled the downtime and listed it as a "bad" buff, so it'll go away if you use a curse-removal effect.

6. That sounds good.

7. Essence

Sweet. Corrections made, mod reposted. Please try out the revised Bushido and tell me what you think.

8. Alright. I'll do it tomorrow, I'm generally in no condition to play DoD at night :)

Besides, I need time to update the mac pack!

Essence likes this.
  9. ah screw it, I tested it out early anyway :)

It definitely seems to be working better, though admittedly I haven't reached jaws of death just yet.

Also, Mind like meatloaf's 4 hits thing would be more balanced if the regeneration were lost on the first hit, while the anti-dodge lasted longer. know what I mean?

10. Just what does Mind of Meatloaf do again. I tried it out a few hours ago and couldn't quite tell what it was doing, other than the debuff.

Nm.. went back and tried it. now I see it adds to Regen.

Fwiw, I'm playing Bushido, Inquisitor, Sword, Duel, Dodge, Assassin, Dragon Knight. Seriously overpowered at char level 12 on Dl5. I'm 1 hitting Collector Demons on lvl 4. They can kill me if they hit me 3x, so I'm not invincible.

11. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Inquisitor does that to demons and undead. It's pretty useless against nearly anything else, though.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It regenerates health.

13. Essence

I do, but unfortunately I don't know that there's any way to make that happen. Is there?

14. Separate buffs. One single-brittle for the healing, the other 4-brittle for the anti-dodging.

15. Essence

<smacks himself in the forehead>

Done! Please everyone to redownload one last time. :)

16. I'm not sure, but I think you might have forgotten an ending spell tag after either meatloafery or mind like meatloaf. I added it back in, and it seems to work, but then I didn't test it before changing that, so I'm gonna quickly ascend to MlM and test it.

17. Fayd

Fayd Member

Essence, I don't happen to see the download on the first post.

18. I found it! The problem was a missing /spell tag and a missing quotation mark between icon and smallicon.

19. Essence

20. excellent! The Mac Pack is as well!

Essence likes this.