Essential DoD Skills I and II Finally Game-Ready!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Point well made.

2. Zarthek

Zarthek Member

I'm having the issue of the skills from the second pack entirely overriding those of the first. I see Silver Tongue, Ninjutsu and Warlockery appearing twice on the skill selection screen, none of the skills from the first pack being available to pick at all (Trying to pick duplicates literally gives me the skill twice when I'm in game). I'm currently not running any other mods, using DoD 1.0.9 and running Mac OS X 10.7.2 if that helps. Mods installed to /Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor/mods.

Edit: Even only enabling the first pack still gives me the issue of the skills from the second appearing, so even having it installed in my mods folder is giving me the problem.

Edit 2: Did tests with 2 other mods, yours not in the mix, The same issue happens with the duplicating class, guess it's either an issue with DoD 1.0.9 or just with the Mac version of it.

3. Solarious

Solarious Member

Not having the problems Zarthek is having, but noticing that Open Meridians is not actually doing anything. You can only actually use it on other objects/mobs, and basically does nothing.

Otherwise, having fun with this mod! Look forward to updates or additional mods/skills from you. *notes to self to test Warlockery at some point*

4. Carlos

Carlos Member

Where is the game's natural TemplateDB file?
    I tried under Documents > Gaslamp Games > Dungeons of Dredmor, and Program Files > Steam > SteamApps, and I can't seem to find it.

5. Essence

it's called manTemplateDB.xml. it's under Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Dungeons of Dredmor/Game

6. someone4956

someone4956 Member

Okay, I downloaded these mods and installed them. First thing I noticed is that some of the skills just plain aren't working. Open Meridians isn't doing anything, ans when I DO put a point into skills, I don't get the stat boots/defecits. I have no idea what's wrong.

7. Essence

Please to read the whole thread.

8. someone4956

someone4956 Member

I did, and neither you nor anyone else posted a solution to the problem.

9. Essence

My lord, you're right. I could swear that someone in this thread had already pointed out the fact that the passive stat bonuses from skills are currently bugged; you just don't get them, no matter what skill you're playing with. That is still true, yes?

Either way, I apologize.

10. someone4956

someone4956 Member

Well instead of being a haughty jerk, how about you take and put this well-known problem on the first post?

Not to mention that if you know one of your skills is completely non-functional, why don't you tell everyone that it is instead of saying everything is game-ready? Or fix it, shoot, it's actually incredibly easy. Just take a look at the "Level 5 Vegan" skill.

11. Essence

Wow, you know, I was trying to make it right by owning up to my mistake and apologizing.

/ignore

12. someone4956

someone4956 Member

Seems to me you were being sarcastic, either way. You should probably let people know about the problem.

13. eisiger

eisiger Member

Direct references.

Why

14. Essence

Ummm...huh?

15. Darwin Chan

Darwin Chan Member

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I've been playing around with your mod a bit, and I don't think that QiGong reduces mana as expected.

I really enjoy the new skills - it's also awesome that you kept your skill descriptions in the DoD style!

16. Essence

That's the same problem mentioned above -- negative passives aren't getting applied any more than positive ones.

17. Essence

OK, the only reported issue with DoD Skills I -- Cleanse Meridians -- is fixed. EDSII will hopefully be ready sometime tomorrow. :)

18. Essence

OK, all the issues that can be fixed by me are now fixed, and for balance, Log now dies after his 3rd action. For reference, the part of Warlockery that was crashing everything was a loadout of an expansion-only item.

19. Hey, for some reason, when I try to use this together with clockwork knights, it just shows essential skills twice. In fact, this happens even if I don't load yours. Having essential DoD in the mods folder makes the game load essential DoD whenever I try to load Clockwork Knights. Any idea why this is?

20. Essence

Nope. No idea. But I have noticed that Clockwork Knights simply doesn't show up on my Mods menu, even though everything looks like it should. :( Maybe we've uncovered an obscure bug?q