Essential DoD Skills I and II Finally Game-Ready!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 22, 2011.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

So it was a joke. You got me. Very funny, but knowing the truth is almost a let down. I guess I was hoping it really was some sort of exotic bug.

2. blob

blob Member

( Out of topic, but that sounds like a very fun challenge. Can you share your weapon ? )

3. Glazed

Glazed Member

Sure. I simply modified the Wakizashi from this mod.

1. In your Mods folder, unzip the "Essential DoD.zip" file into a directory named "Essential DoD".
    2. Use notepad or your favorite text editor to open the itemDB.xml file located at Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\Essential DoD\mod\itemDB.xml (This is for Windows. It will be different for other platforms.)
    3. Replace the entire Wakizashi item node with the new code below. It starts on line 12.
    4. Save the file and close it.
    5. There is no need to re-zip the directory we created, but you must remove the original zip file from the mods folder.
    6. Start a new game with the Bushido skill.
    WARNING: Using this will give you the "Double Rainbow" achievement. If you don't already have it then you are a dirty, dirty cheater!

The new XML node:

Code:
    <item name="Wakizashi" iconFile="items/sword_wakizashi.png" level="4" type="0" special="1">
      <price amount="201"/>
      <weapon slashing="99" piercing="99" crushing="99" blasting="99" necromantic="99" toxic="99" aethereal="99" existential="99" conflagratory="99" acidic="99" transmutative="99" righteous="99" hyperborean="99" putrefying="99" voltaic="99" asphyxiative="99"/>
      <description text="A short little Katana. It's primary use is for killing yourself, which is why Lord Dredmor let you have it."/>
    </item>

blob likes this.
  4. blob

blob Member

( I have it :) I dont care for achievements much anyway. And thanks hehe )

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Lulzy. For you haters (j/k) the Wakizashi is getting reduced to 2 slashing 1 piercing in the 1.0.10 update, but that's because Kiaido will be a much more potent offensive weapon in said update. :)

6. I'm quivering in my boots :)

7. Essence

Yeah, with the new combat system no longer demanding a way to reduce enemy crit chance, it freed up kiaido to be something a bit more useful on floor 1. I'm happy.

8. Hold on, the way you've phrased that... is it actually released? If so, can you please PM me the link? The internet at where I'll be all day can't access the IRC.

9. Loren

Loren Member

Simmer down, I'll still be sending y'all the link when it's available. (It's not out yet.)

Essence likes this.
  10. lol, thanks :)

11. rulinus

rulinus Member

is this mod replacing any existing skill or just adding without deleting present content?

i hope it is the latter.

12. Glazed

Glazed Member

It's the latter. It adds entirely new skills and doesn't change any others.

13. Essence

yeah, to my knowledge it's actually impossible to remove existing content with a mod.

14. rulinus

rulinus Member

delightful.

One more question; is this mod working flawlessly with other mods? I am considering to get this jewel for my second game, (5 level left for finishing the current game), but i don't want some nasty clashes/crashes. Currently i only use interior dredmorating mod (adds some new room designs, items etc). and there is a possibility for me to install other mods aswell. competability concerns me.

15. Essence

So far no one has reported any bugs between these two and any other mods. :)

16. rulinus

rulinus Member

thank you.

it seems there is nothing left for me to concern about trying this highly praised mod, i am glad.:)

17. zorackprime

zorackprime Member

love these mods....just ran a build Bushido/QiGong/Elemental Warrior/breathstealer aspirant/master if arms/shield bearer/sword mastery (i know elemental and breathstealer arent yours but they are awesome too) First time ever beating dredmor. I never touched master at arms shield bearer and sword mastery. I LOVE bushido it is so amazing gives me the survivability needed to get through those tougher monster zoos later on without the need of vampirism. Thank you for these mods they definitely breathed new life into this awesome awesome game!

18. Glazed

Glazed Member

Sort of a bug, but more like a usability issue: Taijutsu Stance has a stacksize="1" instead of allowstacking="0" which ends up causing the buff to be non-refreshable. That is, if you already have the buff active, but it has fewer than 16 attacks left, casting the spell again doesn't refresh the number of attacks. Contrast this to Neurotoxin where casting it again will refresh it.

I don't see any reason why you'd want Taijutsu to behave this way. One can just cancel it and recast it if I really want to refresh it, anyway.

19. Essence

Ah! I never knew the difference. :) If you upgrade from this to Compleat Essential Skills, you'll find that I've removed the buff from Taijutsu entirely; it's now an on-crit proc that's always active. :)

20. Glazed

Glazed Member

Oh, a new combined mod. I see. I'll have to install it when I'm done with my current character.