Essential Core Skills Rebalance II: Electric Bungalow

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

On counter, I do believe.

OmniaNigrum and Emilio like this.
  2. So what, exactly, do I need to do to fix the wand crashing bug? I tried adding in a / before the > in the the diggle plaguer spell but now I'm just CTDing whenever I try and start the game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

I've fixed it and uploaded the fix; you should just be able to reinstall the zip file and be good.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. MylesK

MylesK Member

Hmm.. So I'm new in doing this kind of stuff and since I don't want to screw things up, could someone explain it better for a newbie like me? D:
    I found the stuff, but I don't know what to do next.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Find the game's main folder, make a copy of the whole thing somewhere, and then unpack the files you downloaded to its main folder (so that, including the folder structure, it would replace the core game files).

Do note that you need all expansions for it to work if you do just that, though.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. MylesK

MylesK Member

is there any way wich I can be sure that I made it work?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Start the game and pick a weapon skill. If it doesn't crash and you start with some sweet new skill you've never seen before that only works when you're actually holding the weapon in your hand, it worked. :)

Vitellozzo, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Compare what you see after creating a character with the change log for this "mod" - because many skill trees have visible changes compared with the original game, it isn't hard to notice.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. MylesK

MylesK Member

Ok, and when you talk about changing the name file, do you mean in the main DoD file or in the zip file? And what would it mean the "rename the file do <whatever>.old"?
    Sorry but I want to know what I am actually doing :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Member

You don't actually have to do any of that stuff. Just unzip the file, tell it "yes, overwrite everything", and play.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  11. Essence

In your main DoD file, before you open the .zip, go through the /game, /expansion/game, /expansion2/game, and expansion3/game folders, and rename all copies of skillDB.xml, spellDB.xml, and in the case of only the main /game folder, manTemplateDB.xml to <whatever>.old.

Then, go back to your main DoD directory, and unpack the .zip file. That should be all you need to do. :)

If you follow Nacho's directions above, the game will play, but you won't have the original files to go back to in the event of you don't like the rebalance. :)

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. MylesK

MylesK Member

I done nacho's way but it appers that skill/sniper32.png is missing. I didn't touched anything there!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

But this is not a problem, for steam users.
    Because you can go to the Library, right click on Dredmor, go to Proprieties, Local Files and then control the game cache. Doing this will bring back every changed file.

OmniaNigrum and mining like this.
  14. Essence

I don't know what to tell you, MylesK -- I just double-checked the zip file and sniper32.png is in there. If you want to manually put it back in, here it is (just copy it into your DoD/skills folder): sniper32.png sniper64.png

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Wyrmcraft

Wyrmcraft Member

Uhhh guys, I don't have a 'game' folder in my Dungeons of Dremor....I have... Untitled.png

What do?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's your user folder. The game folder is in program files(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/dungeons of dredmor/

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  17. Wyrmcraft

Wyrmcraft Member

I am computer challenged and don't even know how to get there.

Could someone be an absolutely awesome person and write me up a step by step, I really want to test this out but I've got no idea what I'm doing ^_^

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Essence

use your computer's Search function to search for "Dungeons of Dredmor.exe".

That's the folder you should start in.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  19. Wyrmcraft

Wyrmcraft Member

.png

Ummmm....so...am I just really really stupid or is something weird?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Use the file search (open any window in your file explorer and hit F3 for that), not the program search; the latter is unlikely to give you what you need because the game's launcher file is not a system file nor one the system would even care about, so it is omitted.

OmniaNigrum and Wyrmcraft like this.