Electromancy ~ first mod, please give feedback <3

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by MarethRavenlocke, Aug 6, 2012.

1. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

2. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

Hmm. But, still I am facing the same issue I had earlier. HUD are cut off from both side. I thought this was solved.

Any idea how to solve it?

[​IMG]

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure, give it a try. Worst case it will stretch but we'll know.

4. @Daynab Seems to be working alright now. I also think I've figured out what happened with the wall tiles being destroyed. I may have been wrong about it being fog of war. It only seems to happen near walls that have variant graphics like vines, cracks, or little sewer grates, and it NEVER happens to walls that form the border of the map for the floor. Maybe there are certain walls that are meant to be blasted down without the need for a special digging spell?

@iamcreasy The HUD being cut off the sides of the screen like that shouldn't be a mod problem, ever. That, I think, is because of your current resolution settings. Try a smaller resolution and see if that fixes it.

5. Electromancy has been added to the Steam Workshop. Feel free to grab it from there if you prefer~

@Daynab ~ Any chance I can get Electromancy added to your Completed Mod Index thread? It's skill ID #899, which it looks like hasn't been used yet for anything on that thread.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Done, moved the thread to mod releases too.

7. iamcreasy

iamcreasy Member

:cool:

8. @Daynab ~ Wonderful, thanks much! :> I hope the whole community has as much fun playing it as I did making it <3

9. dholmes13

dholmes13 Member

This skill tree is awesome. It's easily one of my favorites now, except for a tiny problem I found. I finally maxed it out and was excited to finally use the thunderstorm, and then there was a short electric sound followed by nothing. It used my mana, but there were no graphics or effects other than playing a sound on my speakers. It was very anticlimactic. Somehow I'm thinking that's not supposed to happen though.

For debugging purposes, I have version 1.1.2 of the game with "You Have To Name The Expansion Pack". It's on Steam running on 32 bit Windows 7. I'm subscribed to the mod through the Steam Workshop.

10. That's right, it's not supposed to happen. I'll look into it when I have time, but I have a very busy week :s

11. 765Pro

765Pro Member

Just keying in on the mod dispute:
    I only download mods from the Steam Workshop for the convienence, and I only comment on mods that I've downloaded and tried myself. I also know a few more "casual" players are less likely to check and install a mod from the forums here, but will happily suscribe to one one the Steam Workshop and give their feedback in the comments as I've seen.

If you want to expand your audience, I'd really really suggest placing some faith in Valve and uploading it to the Workshop.

iamcreasy likes this.
  12. Figured it out. Turns out all I needed to do was give the template a center point. Still can't get the digging effect to regenerate tiles' graphics correctly, though - when you use Thunderstorm, the wall tiles become walkable, but the graphics don't regenerate so they still look like walls, not floors. It's weird. Uploading new version now, Steam Workshop version will follow.

@765Pro ~ Electromancy is already on the Steam Workshop, and has been doing well over there. Please feel free to subscribe to it there, if you prefer! :)

13. dholmes13

dholmes13 Member

I got the update and maxed out the skill again. Lightning rained down from... the ceiling... and many a foe have been annihilated. I can work with this :)

14. 765Pro

765Pro Member

I certainly have and went to check after that post! Still, the reasoning stands and I just wanted to put it out there for any other apprehensive modders.

( Cool mod. Haven't tried enough yet to thoroughly enjoy it. I was just thinking of a way to weaponize that Astrology beam attack... and this is it. Nice!! )

15. @dholmes13 ~ Glad you like it! Sorry about the little hangup with that last spell. that's how programming works, apparently even with XML - one simple little oversight causes your whole code to break.

@765Pro ~ It's been on the Steam Workshop since, I think day 2? iamcreasy wanted it there, and it's been doing well there, I was only a bit apprehensive at first since I read what they claim ownership of with Skyrim mods.

16. phasmy

phasmy Member

Does the bug with shocking grasp still exist?
    Puissant touch seems to act correctly in game.

17. dholmes13

dholmes13 Member

@MarethRavenlocke - That's alright. I'm a programmer myself so I know exactly how it goes. No amount of good practices can completely overcome the fact that humans make mistakes.

18. @phasmy - As far as I can tell, it seems to be working, but not showing in the log. At least, that's what my testing at Lv. 1 and watching Diggles' health bars VERY closely has revealed. First post updated to reflect this.

19. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

So, I've got a bit of random feedback.

I feel like the lightning cone is weak to the point of being a liability. With such a short range and being pretty deep into the tree it should be pretty great.

Edit: Hmm. You gave it a little bit of extra damage in return for its range and template. I don't think that's enough. See, you're basing it off of Obvious Fireball's INITIAL damage, when obvious fireball also has medium strength fire tiles and inflicts burn. My recommendation? Make the lightning cone scale really hard. That way, it's a sweet murdering spell for hardcore wizards, but for hardcore wizards they're a little too close for comfort.

20. " EDIT: It seems like the extra damage is firing, just not showing in the log for whatever reason."
    The log currently only gives you your "damage" (melee or ranged) stats, basically. Puissant Touch, and likewise Shocking Grasp, essentially give you a melee attack against a foe, and also casts a damage-dealing spell on that target, which isn't (as far as the game is concerned) part of your melee attack. Watch for the little number floating up when you hit the foe - that's how much damage they've taken, which is the same visual effect as any other time a foe takes damage from a spell.