OS X Lion Eldritch Crossbow Uncraftible

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by saneman, Jun 9, 2012.

1. saneman

saneman Member

DoD 1.0.11 w/ RotDG + YHTNTEP.

Skills:

Staves 2
    Dual Wield 2
    Master of Arms 1
    Alchemy 6
    Tinkering 6
    Clockwork Knight 1
    Rogue Scientist 5

Alchemy Level 7
    Tinkering Level 7

Character possesses full materials to craft Eldritch Crossbow, & all mat boxes show ticked in crafting sub-window, but clicking 'CRAFT' button produces no action.

Save file is native to 1.0.11 + both expansions. No mods are running.

What gives?

e: File attached

Attached Files:

2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

upload the save please?

oh, not that I could test this on the same platform anyway. But Gaslamp would probably like the save.

3. saneman

saneman Member

Would love to, but how do I do this? If edit the file type, then "The Uploaded File is Too Large," do I need to compress it into a .zip file?

If I attempt to upload it as a standard .sav then, "There was a problem uploading your file," appears.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Yes, that would be good. Just make sure you are sending the right file.

I... don't know where it lives on OS X.

5. saneman

saneman Member

I've located the file, but trying to upload a .sav leads to, "There was a problem uploading your file."

e: Sorry for any confusion.

6. saneman

saneman Member

Save file was attached a .zip. Thanks for your help, Kaidelong.

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

We'll take a look at it.

8. gillsans

gillsans Member

Hi there, I'm also having trouble crafting the Eldritch Crossbow, though I'm currently using windows 7. I've included my save file as well to help figure out this problem.

Attached Files:

9. Lightfeather

Lightfeather Member

The problem is the item requires you to have Alchemy 7 however it's currently only possible to attain Alchemy 6. I haven't played further into the game so I don't know if another level of alchemy suddenly becomes available to gain but I've run into this problem myself and realized the discrepancy in requirement vs what is attainable. The only way to solve this is to either make the item require alch 6 or make another level of alchemy available to gain. Otherwise it's a buggered item.

10. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No, you are wrong.

There are ways of getting additional crafting skill levels. Some equipment pieces give you a point or two, and there is a potion that increases your alchemy.

11. Aegho

Aegho Member

There, fixed.

OmniNegro, mining and Kazeto like this.
  12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Alchemy: +6:alchemy:
    Rogue Scientist: +2:alchemy:
    Potion of Alchemical Inspiration: +1:alchemy:
    Diggle God of Secrets Blessing: +2:alchemy:

You can get 11:alchemy:. You need 7:alchemy:. Get Alchemy lvl. 6, and then make the Potion of Alchemical Inspiration with alchemy for another +1:alchemy:. It's not even a hidden recipe.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. Aegho

Aegho Member

Oh yeah forgot about the potion, doh.

14. Jon the Red

Jon the Red Member

Hey, I hate to bump this topic up since it's kind of old, but I'm having the same issue with the same setup, other than being on Windows 7 64-bit. I have a different skill loadout, which means the Alchemy skill tree is the only source of points that I have; I have the tree itself mastered for those 6 points, and I've consumed the Potion of Alchemical Inspiration for the 7th. The crafting menu shows the Eldritch Crossbow, even after I tick off "have ingredients" and "have skill", but clicking on the button to craft does nothing.

Something's definitely up with that thing. My save file is included in a ZIP archive.

Attached Files:

15. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The problem here is that Eldritch Crossbow is a Tinkerer craft that is showing up on the Alchemy tool page. This is a known bug. But you have to be a Lv. 7 Tinkerer to actually build an Eldritch Crossbow, Alchemy is not how you do it.

Either that, or craftDB is wrong. And since craftDB is how the game determines how you build something...

16. Aegho

Aegho Member

I just had a look at the craftDB. The problem is that the required tool is mispelled. It says tinkering, but the proper term for the tool is tinkerer.