Edit twice, cursor gone.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Godwin, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Godwin

Godwin Member

This bug is easy to reproduce. Post something, edit it. Save. Edit it again: click with the mouse as much as you want you're not going to get a cursor.
    Weird. Refreshing solves it.

EDIT: ok this is weird... I thought lemme try one more time, and it now seems as if the second time you can make the cursor appear if it's over a certain area. But not if it's not. The first time isn't a problem at all.

2. deek

deek Controller of Bits Staff Member

What OS and browser are you using?

3. Godwin

Godwin Member

Ah boo... I wanted to post it in there, but then got sidetracked, sorry :p
    I am using Windows 7 Home premium edition 64 bit and Internet Explorer 9 version 9.0.8112.16421

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

Doublepost sorry, just saying this bug is still there. And pretty annoying, to me.
    And I tried to reproduce that fact that I could doubleclick somewhere and then I could type/have a cursor, but that seems to have been a unique one-off since I have never been able to do that again, always need to refresh. By the way, it's after committing changes. So it does not occur if you simply press edit and cancel twice.f

5. deek

I was hoping things would get fixed with the new version of the forum software. I'll spend some time trying to track this one down for you Godwin. I'll update the thread if I figure anything out.

6. deek

I was indeed able to recreate this again. I'm going to submit this to the Xenforo team. Not to get preachy but you should try an alternative browser like Chrome or Firefox. If you have to use it at work my Krong have mercy on your employer's soul.

7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Thanks for looking into it. Yeah I have Firefox and Opera as well as IE, but they're filled with tabpages I want to look at at some point and usually when I go to 'quickly check this out' I start up IE.
    Hmm, I'll make a seperate Opera shortcut with just one start page I guess.
    ...And that's apparently only possible in the useful way with IE... Oh well...