Eating things that say "hydrogenated" on the label may piss you off.

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Essence, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Threadsplit?

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Evolution. :D

Was there actually more to be discussed on this topic?

3. Essence

Maybe not. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Aegho

Aegho Member

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

6. Aegho

Aegho Member

[​IMG]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I hate water. So I signed. Laugh all you want. But most of it on Earth has salt to sap and impurify our precious bodily fluids...

Kazeto and Aegho like this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

By the way, just in case some of you did not get it, read on...
    Di=2
    Hydrogen
    Mon(o)=1
    Oxide=Oxygen

AKA "H2O"

9. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've heard that ingestion of DHMO has been linked to Heart attack, cancer, stroke, halitosis, bubonic plague, ebola, old age, young age, sunstroke, heat stroke, golf stroke, sudden bouts of leisure time, and the 'Heartbreak of Psoriasis'.

Essence, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I actually used the DHMO thing (seemingly now to great success) in an argument I was having. A group of us were having this discussion about weight loss, and health and so on, and someone started harping on the dangers of high fructose corn syrup. and how everyone ought to be using Agave instead of sugar, etc. I said I was skeptical, but I didn't have facts at hand (at that time). So I let it go. But I did mention DHMO, talking about how horrible it was, how there have been campains (all unsuccesful) to get it banned, how it was linked to all sorts of terrible things, how it's found even in breast milk, and in the blood of newborns. I then explained that DHMO is water.

The main criticism that was aimed at me was "Why did I call it DHMO?" So I told them that DHMO sounds scary because it's based on a chemical formula. and chemistry is scary to people. That was my whole point.

Anyway, I wasn't sure if I had made any impact on the argument, and I showed up the next time with actual documentation about Fructose and High Fructose corn syrup (including the fact that Agave has about the same amount of fructose as high-fructose corn syrup -- yep the substitute they were promoting for the terrible poison actually contained said poison in an equal concentration -- it just did not have a chemical name on it). And I literally had everyone converted. I'm so used to feeling like I'm talking to a wall, and for the first time I actually convinced people that they were talking nonsense.

I like to think that the DHMO argument was the clincher, but I can't be sure.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. mining

mining Member

Haldurson, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Family troubles? Take more college!

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  13. mining

mining Member

ಠ_ಠ

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

DHMO, btw, is also a proven cause of at least 4 different kinds of stroke (Breast, Back, Side, and Australian Crawl).

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The first sign of excessive DHMO is excessive urination.... :D

If you get it in your lungs, you cough and choke and may even suffocate.

Some people retain DHMO and it causes all manner of unpleasant effects.

Cats instinctively know to avoid DHMO.

And a rather interesting tidbit, rabid animals cannot tolerate any of it even being near them.

Haldurson and Kazeto like this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You can also add the fact that it's odourless and thus you won't feel it if there is a lot of it in the air. Other than the sensation from your skin when DHMO starts affecting it, but when that happens there are no antidotes or stuff of the sort.

It is also well-known (or not so well-known) that some countries used (and some of them still use) DHMO as a tool for torturing people.

OmniaNigrum, mining and Haldurson like this.
  17. Essence

Don't forget that DHMO is also used extensively by Big Agri to fuel the growth of their awful GMO grains, and by Big Food to nudge us into unconsiously guzzling too many grams of high-GI carbs. Or that concoctions made primarily of DHMO are so dangerous that the mayor of New York recently passed a law banning any such concoction over a certain number of ounces.

18. mining

mining Member

I assume you are also aware that it is THE number ONE cause of global warming? Al Gore eat your heart out.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Rofling right now. This is gold! :D

Kazeto likes this.
  20. mining

mining Member

It's also commonly used as a mechanism to assist in the consumption of drugs, and it is found in the body's of 100% of patients who suffer drug side effects.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.