Dwarvish Influence

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Austupaio, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Dwarfen Influence 0.1

Here, have a first release. The sprites mostly blend with Dredmor now, the stats seem balanced enough and the recipes look fair to me. Hope you enjoy.

For the most part I'll leave the mod undocumented, if you really want to know certain details about it, you can ask or check out the mod directory. As for what the mod will do, as of now I'll be focusing on adding items of Dwarvic Influence to the game. Later, rooms. Later than that, possibly some mobs.

What it does now is add ten daggers of variable quality and enchantment that will be spread through out the dungeon, mobs and Braxs just as vanilla equipment, plus crafting recipes. Here's a screenshot so you know that the art isn't horrible and the items are inserted correctly. The have since been updated but as there's no easy way to retrieve specific items, even in debug mode, I've not been bothered to update the screeny.

[​IMG]
    If you have suggestions that fit with my somewhat Dwarf Fortress / Dungeon Keeper inspired theme, I'd like to hear them.​
    The latest version will always be the following link; http://www.mediafire.com/?p9f46wmfr1hwzi5

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I think you'll find the most challenging part of adding items to the game will be adding appropriate and incisive flavo(u)r text.

3. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Indeed.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I like it! Will definitely check it out when it's up.

5. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Well here you go! Not sure if you'll want to add it to the sticky as it's early on but on the other hand I won't release any bugged version.

Thanks for the encouragement.

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Sure, I'll add it since it's playable.

7. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Just about done with my next version, got a little issue though. I'm using the "Diggle Flu" spell as a hit effect for a throwable item and even though the hit code and the target type for the Diggle Flu spell are the same as say, the ignite spell for flame bolts, the player is the one who gets Diggle Flu whenever the throwing weapon hits.

Anyone happen to know what I need to change?

I've just got ( hit="Diggle Flu" ) on the item at the moment.

8. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

you might have to create a custom spell that you know will work on your target and then set the diggle flu as a trigger effect.

or you could simply create a custom diggle flu effect that works the way you want.

9. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Suppose so, just thought it'd be more efficient to use what's there. Thanks.

10. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Try <thrownBuff="Diggle Flu" percentage="100" />. That's the same text that's on the Pyromancer's Gauntlets for the Ignition Bolt addition to thrown weapons.

11. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Ah, great. I was trying it a different way which was working but the cool down was borked so the flu was permanent. Your way has no such issue!

Sorry for another question and not a release but I've made a few rooms and while they work perfectly if I debug force one to spawn, they absolutely refuse to generate normally. Anyone see the problem in this excerpt? Thanks for any help.

*snip*

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I'm pretty sure that's a known bug and already listed in the Modding Requests thread.

13. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

I totally missed it there, thanks, Essence. Well I guess I'm waiting until that's sorted to update, most of this version is new rooms.

I do wonder how Fax's cloning rooms spawn, though.

14. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

All my rooms work. Dunno how, but they do.

15. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Definitely what I find the hardest.

16. Killer2

Killer2 Member

Link is broken.