Dungeons of Dredmor DEFINITELY not working on Lion

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by deahamlet, Jul 21, 2011.

1. deahamlet

deahamlet Member

Hello. I know that 1.03 version for Mac isn't out yet, is there any word if it will work with Lion?
    Cause the current version does not work. It shows the first menu where you setup volume and click START GAME, but after that it just hangs and is "not responding". I even left it once for 30 minutes to see if it would eventually kick in... nothing.

Thanx!

2. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

We have some reports of it not working with fullscreen. Try running it without windowed mode.

We're trying to figure out what's going on.

3. Wallach

Wallach Member

@Nicholas - have you checked to see if it has anything to do with the changes to discrete graphics switching in Lion?

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Well, we know what it is now. Hoo boy.

Apple basically decided to break (for whatever reason?) all fullscreen access to the framebuffer. Apparently, this is deliberate, and is not being fixed.

We'll work around it. In the mean time, you'll get good results by running the game with -opengl.

5. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

I've been running it fine on Lion. Just don't use Fullscreen and it'll work like a charm. Apple changed a few things in order to support their own version of fullscreen for apps, so some broke :p.

6. Wallach

Wallach Member

Oh, this game is SDL-based. Yeah, I don't know what you can do about that without using OpenGL actually.

7. deahamlet

deahamlet Member

Taking full-screen off works! Thanx!

8. Patchumz

Patchumz Member

Btw, if you add the -opengl launch option in the app properties in steam, you can run it in Fullscreen again. If you really like fullscreen.

9. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Member

To Nicholas:
    As an SDL-using game programmer myself, I recommend upgrading to SDL 1.3 if possible because it supports Lion, although there's an SDL 1.2 fix-up patch for Lion in the works on the SDL mailing list...

SDL 1.3 should also fix the Steam Community Overlay (because 1.3 uses OpenGL by default for 2D drawing rather than DirectDraw or software blitting).