Dungeon Length + Lutefisk Cube

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Seraphyx, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Seraphyx

Seraphyx Member

Two quick suggestions. At first I assumed DoD is one of those never-ending 'play until you die' games, until someone told me that there were only ten levels, which was kind of disappointing to me even though I don't think I've even made it to level 5 (too suicidal for my own good, and melee builds seem... weak, even tanks can't really tank).

Anyway, my "dungeon length" suggestion is to be able to choose a sort of game length. For example right after you choose new game, just give people another option screen to choose how many "levels" of dungeons they want. Normal being the 10, Epic being say 25 and Legendary being 50. This might very well make the game feel a bit more repetitive since dungeon themes would have to be reused (excluding the very last one) so, I don't know how realistic this suggestion would be but it'd be nice.

The other idea I had was to have a survival mode where there are infinite levels to the game and every 10 levels, the dungeons start over again in terms of themes, and monsters (maybe just a color change or some minor additions to show they're different), but they get exponentially buffed, hopefully strong enough to kill anyone after a while.

Alright now about the Lutefisk Cube. A lot of items to me are useless, fungus, mana potions/booze, cheap arrows/bolts, etc... so offering them up to the statues are the best thing to do with them for me even though I've never gotten anything especially good. The BIGGEST issue is how time consuming it is to do this (convert items into lutefisk), mainly because I have to keep the cube open to save me the trouble of opening inventory and clicking the cube every time, and drag the cube to one corner of the screen so it doesn't get in the way. If we can get a simple feature where ctrl+clicking an item (or whatever command) would automatically put the clicked item into the lutefisk cube, it would be immensely helpful. Or any other way to speed up the process, but that's all I can think of.

2. jareddm

jareddm Member

You're doing melee builds and you're calling fungi useless!? But that's not important.

The thing is, making a hot key to do a specific task that's only viable when a particular item is being used really isn't the most effective use of a button. Plus, not all players will have the Lutefisk Cube, making the action useless for them. If it's too much effort to cube everything, just sell it and hope the shop carries something good. You visit enough shops and eventually it pays off.

3. Seraphyx

Seraphyx Member

Oh I do sell stuff, like valuable bolts (mass destruction, squid, skull etc...), I do use SOME of the fungus but for the most part, I am assuming they have to do with the Fungology skill and therefore ignore most of them since I never start with it. Selling things to the shop is just as bad as lutefisk converting, it's a lot of tedious dragging that can be solved by adding some more hotkeys. Ctrl+clicking could work for putting items in any other thing, like Ingot press/grinder/smithing kit when you have them open, or selling items automatically while in a shop.

4. jareddm

jareddm Member

shift+click is auto sell in the shops.

5. pauyasfyla

pauyasfyla Member

I'm not sure if this is already there, but is there a hotkey to close all open windows, like crafting windows?

6. JAN0L

JAN0L Member

I think you can just tap esc a few times

7. Seraphyx

Seraphyx Member

Thanks jareddm, had no idea about the shift click.

8. houston3000

houston3000 Member

I never had a problem just leaving the cube open in the corner of my screen. I usually drop all the useless items in there instead of auto-looting them. Having them go into my inventory and then having to Ctrl+Click them would actually be more tedious. It would only be slightly more convenient for the occasions I accidentally misclick. That being said I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement so, why not?

As for the fungus, anyone can use them, it's not just for characters with Fungal Arts. All the Mushroom Farmer skill does is allow you to collect spores so you can harvest the fungus yourself without having to rely on random loot drops. Most all of them useful for melee, for example: Lobstermane Fungus increases your defenses, Plumber's Agaric increases your burliness, Fell Truffle increases your melee damage, The Prince increases your max HP, etc... Mud Wen is the only dangerous one, while Azure Mob-Bonnet and Night Cap are for mages.