Dredmor Patch 1.0.11 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tennerage

tennerage Member

I haven't played this in a while, since shortly before 1.0.10 was released, but I still very, very fond of this game.

Here is my contribution to the wacky antics report:
    [​IMG]

2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

This is already known I believe. At least I remember a discussion about it. It's a part of how steam identifies it if I recall correctly.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Yeah, the same thing happened with RotDG when it first came out. Should clear up in a few hours or days. :p

4. tennerage

tennerage Member

I enjoyed the bug, regardless ~:}
    Thank you for pointing that out.

5. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Has anyone pointed out that "Turn Demon" can cause some wall distortion/moving? It's kind of cool having that kind of power at level 1, mana free, but you know... breaking the game and all. I'm running the latest patch with both DLCs.

6. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's intentional.

7. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

Seriously? Okay. I'll just go redecorate the dungeon!

8. Wolg

Wolg Member

Dungeons of Dredmor: I Will Name It 'George' looks good so far...

What's the deal with the crafting window fix in the changelog? I still have to toggle the filters to get the "current" state to update, and when it does update if there's only a couple of recipes they get put at the top of the window, with none under the selection box. Does the fix refer to something else?

9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

They thought it had been fixed, but it wasn't. Nicholas said he is working on it now.

10. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

This is actually one of the most stable DLC/Updates I have encountered. Great work guys! You've got my dungeoneering past my bedtime.

11. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

There's a known but infrequent bug where sometimes nearly all walls become breakable for short periods of time. Usually it lasts until you save and quit, but sometimes just going down a staircase will stop it. It's not just Turn Demon that does this, I get it on probably 25% of Astrology builds.

So if Turn Demon is causing "some" wall removal, such as revealing the occasional hidden room, that's a perfectly normal thing it's supposed to do. All area-effect attacks are supposed to do that when you aim them at a hidden room / breakable wall, and there are a lot of intentionally breakable walls on the first floor.

If what you're experiencing is Turn Demon destroying more than 50% of walls, sometimes leaving a black space in it's wake, that's a bug. Enjoy it while you can, because saving and exiting nearly always fixes it. If you don't want to "enjoy it while you can" because you feel that using the bug is cheating or what not, simply save and quit, then reload DoD and it should return to normal.

12. Kaoschan

Kaoschan Member

I have fought a Quest Boss-Monster (very hard one) on Floor 5 ... and all i got was a enchanted wizard sleeve i could not use at all.
    I think non-usable items should not drop from Quest/Zoo as Rewards.

EDIT:
    The following Items have negativ Resistance traits which are NOT showen in their tooltip:

Steel Plate Gorget
    Book of Whills

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. Archos

Archos Member

Well, I came across something strange. I disarmed a trap and voila, level up. The strange fact is that I needed about 900 experience to the next level, and it don't seems that 2nd floor traps gives that much exp... or do they?

Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Also, i'm making a list of bugs and strange things i'm founding, as soon as I get some more free time, i'll test and post them here.

Otherwise, thanks for this update! It's nice to see that people are still making good games like this :)

14. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

There's a visual bug with the experience bar during the leveling process: sometimes it displays the original XP needed value, sometimes it displays the XP value needed for your NEXT level. Dollars to doughnuts, you probably are being hit with that little bug. Watch your XP bar next time you level and you'll see what I mean.

15. Fayd

Fayd Member

Question: What about Astrology changed anyway. When I hear revised, I think different skills... but I didn't notice anything.

BDSb likes this.
  16. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

The spells have been buffed in a way.

Also unrelated stuff for Nicholas: Is the player a Hittable or its own case?

17. Fayd

Fayd Member

In a way: ... what?

18. Null

That wasn't meant to be a colon.

19. Fayd

Fayd Member

In what ways though? I'm curious, because they don't appear different on the surface.

20. Null

Well for one thing the inscription was horribly broken and now it does rather good damage with the paralyze back. I believe Szygy might have been buffed a bit or something done with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.