Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

Playing RC2, something odd going on with a sidequest "take item to shrine x (in this case an eyeball shrine) and kill bosscreature y" on floor 1. Shrine ate the quest item, but no creature(s) appear. Can't complete the quest.

Another thingie. Playing at 1920*1080 with sprite smoothing I get drastically lower framerates than in 1.0.9 rev B. Really not techsavvy enough to even begin guessing what might be causing that.

Edit: Same quest bug on level 3. quest item disappears when used on shrine, nothing else happens, have to abandon quest. Oh yes should mention I'm playing on "No time to grind" also, if that matters.

Re-Edit! Actually scratch that, the creature spawned far far away it turned out.

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

:resist_slashing::resist_crushing::resist_blast: work correctly for spell-based damage but are still broken against melee damage.

3. Hey Nicholas, the changes you made to the combat system, do they do anything about the fact that monsters can counter AOE melee attacks, like Axenado and Ragnar's meteor?

4. Win7/64, No Mods, 1.0.10 RC2 beta

Reproducible Crash.
    Player level 1, Dungeon level 1

Just pull the lever. No idea what could be causing this.

Build:
    Archaeologist
    Shield
    Unarmed
    Emo
    Killer Vegan
    Necro
    Blood Mage

Attached Files:

5. blob

blob Member

Good character name.

6. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

re: mushrooms as a monster-death proc instead of spore placement.

So what would happen to Patches of Dirt? Would they just be removed from the game, or would some new way to use them be incorporated into the skill tree?

7. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Thanks. Now I can finally get started on this mod!

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Are XYZbuffs supposed to work inside of buff tags yet? Or is that still in the works? 'Cause they appear to not be. :) In fact, not even the stuff that used to work (playerHitEffectBuff) is working from inside buff tags AFAICT.

Also, damage buffs from mods appear to not be functioning.

Belay that. It looks like the old "no stat bonuses whatsoever from mod skills" bug is back.

9. Jusupov

Jusupov Member

Was wearing an armored mage robe. Picked up horse armor and it disappeared when I pressed RMB to test it out.

10. Essence

Horse Armor belongs to a slot that doesn't exist (sleeves). Might be the problem. :)

11. Glazed

Glazed Member

What do patches of dirt do now?

It doesn't go on your arms! It goes on your horse!

12. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

You can use them to grow mushrooms like corpses. Somewhat pointless I guess given how rare they are though.

13. Essence

They used to be nice because you could plant 5-12 spores on them before they vaped. Then for some reason that become 1 spore, and they were promptly ignored by everyone.

Kaoschan had a good idea on the IRC: let Archeologists dig random artifacts out of them. That'd be cool.

kino5 and blob like this.
  14. blob

blob Member

Haha yeah, that'd be awersome. I'd... dig it.
    >_>

Marak likes this.
  15. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Very punny >_>

16. Quarky

Quarky Member

Nothing yet?
    I'd like to enjoy my smashed computer and have my soul crushed.
    But I can wait

17. Essence

Hrm.

My comment about the mod skills not giving stats seems wrong. Turns out that some of my 1.0.10-syntax mods are working normally, and others with identical syntax simply aren't giving anything including stat bonii or character archetype levels upon levelup.

Too much work to do today to figure out why, but that's really wierd.

18. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Any ETA on the Mac and Linux versions? Did the move to the new office go smoothly? I have a deep and powerful desire to test this patch for you, but that itch cannot be scratched until the Mac version is live.

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Move is tomorrow. We're packing. It's weird.

20. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Re: Belt-eating, it always seems to occur for me following these steps:

1) Right-click in inventory to equip any belt;
    2) Save and quit game (sorry, I don't permadeath, I'm far too casual);
    3) Load game (don't have to exit launcher);
    4) Right-click in inventory to equip another belt, and the previous belt vanishes into ether;
    5) Rinse and repeat.

I don't know if this helps your quest for discovery, but I hope it does.