Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. HJ-kos

HJ-kos Member

I have a suggestion - add simple recipe to "upgrade" bolts, to barbed etc, because carrying 4 varieties of bronze, iron and steel bolts each. Upgrading costs 1 bolt or 1% of bolts being upgrading, and upgraded only to current maximum possible.

Grim Peeper and SkyMuffin like this.
  2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

This isn't possible in this patch, considering we're pushing it to Steam really soon now. Will consider it as an expansion feature where there's room for this sort of thing. It is a nice idea that would remove some tedium and excess items.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Hate to be repetitive but...randomized damage/resistances? Do they exist and they're not as per the advertised syntax, or have they been delayed to a future revision? (It matters a lot to me because Warlockery currently uses -- or tries to use -- them, and so I need to know if I need to come up with a new 7th-level power before you guys have your way with it. :) )

4. Karock

Karock Member

To get the OS X client to work I literally had to copy the contents of every folder bit by bit (on OS X the default is to overwrite a whole folder instead of only overwriting the contents if they already exist.

But after I used the contents of the windows patch and then opened up the app contents of the OS X patch and move all of that, file by file (not folder, again) over it worked for me.

If anyone knows an easy shortcut to get it to behave like windows... please share :p it would be so useful to have a toggle-able folder replacement style.

5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Actually, Fungal Arts is supposed to be growing a mushroom from a corpse, so it very much cares about corpses, and is supposed to destroy the corpse it grows on. The inherent conflict with Vampirism is, I believe, to balance out the fact that Vampires can use Greedy Blucaps to up their drain rate and Fairywodgers to heal. Fleshsmithing... well, Fleshsmithing just needs help in general, I feel...

6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I have seen something, I'm not sure if it was supposed to be fixed with this patch or not. Quite often when I go to purchase bolts or thrown weapons from Brax it says a certain amount but when I go to purchase it, it says I don't have enough gold. It may just be showing the amount of gold that it costs for just one of the items instead of all of them. If so, I can't purchase them one by one.

Just thought that I would let you know just in case it was needed. Oh, I'm using the RC7 patch.

Keep up the great work. :)

7. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Back on destructible walls, stairs can spawn on them. This isn't really a show stopper but it doesn't make a lot of sense, and fixing it may well also fix the problem of destructible walls becoming non-destructible when reloading a level.

8. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

This is still happening? To quote the diggles, "yuck." The workaround is to pick up the stack, at which point one of two things will happen: a) If you have some of that exact item in your inventory, congratulations! Brax will let you walk out without paying for them; or b) Brax will block the doorway, and when you talk to him, he'll tell you how much money it'll cost to let you out of the shop...and he will charge the correct amount, not the full-price-per-bolt amount.

I almost wet myself when I accidentally picked up a stack of stone bolts and stuck them in my pocket, Brax none the wiser. I was full of :caddishness:. I felt bad, but I couldn't get him to charge me for them, and if I'd tried to put them back...he'd have paid me for it!

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do not feel bad for him Grim Peeper. You know his mark-up. :)

SkyMuffin and Grim Peeper like this.
  10. Glazed

Glazed Member

I'm not talking about the flavor of the spell. I'm talking about how it's programmed. Specifically, I was talking about the targetKillbuff trigger, which is used for a lot of things besides Fungal Arts.

The mechanics of a spell's function and what it represents are two separate things. It can look like it's some spores growing on a corpse, but really it's just a cloud effect and an item spawn that's delayed 4 turns. Mechanically, it has nothing to do with the corpse other than the fact that these things appear where a monster died, and so does the corpse.

Not any longer. It was decided that since it's a non-optional trigger that it will not consume any corpses. With the way it's currently programmed, I don't even think that's possible. There is no longer any conflict with Vampirism. That only existed for a couple of RCs.

Fleshsmithing is an amazing skill for a character with lots of Magic Power. The Knit Flesh spell alone wins games. The Miasma is really, really good. The rest of the spells are just icing on the cake.

11. onesandzeroes

onesandzeroes Member

Doesn't that mean you can pick them up, split the stack, sell them back to him, and repeat ad infinitum?

12. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

[​IMG]
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

The publisher works in Vista now.

TheJadedMieu likes this.
  13. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

I absolutely cannot get Playing for Both Teams to trigger. Do I have to slaughter Dredmor with both a girl and a boy for it to work? Or is there some other way you're supposed to trigger it? Does it require some sort of sex change spell of which I'm not aware?

livercat and Essence like this.
  14. Derek

Derek Member

Ugh, tried your method and 15 minutes later after copying each and every file... I got "Application cannot run on this architecture." Must have copied something wrong...

Anyhow, re-downloading DoD from Steam now because I totally forgot to backup the app package this time.

In response to your query about merging instead of copying over, I found this thread, which has the following command line to merge folders. Maybe I'll try it when DoD download again. After backing up my app package.

Code:
    cp -R -n ./source-folder/* ./destination-folder/

15. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I hadn't seen any dev make a statement to that effect, so I assumed it was intended to work just like it always had. Since there's an item (spores) to consume the first corpse in any pile, I'm not sure why there couldn't be a spell that did the same. I suppose, since the change helps vampires its not all bad, but the resource management guru in me dislikes the change. I've let him out enough in the last few days, so I think this is the last I'll say on Fungal Arts until I've found a way to crack it sideways.

As for Fleshsmithing, well I really don't care much for stationary DoT effects, and too much resists Miasma's damage types to make me really want to spend that many points on it. As for Knit Flesh, well yeah it's nice for a gish, but pure mages probably aren't going to need it if they have a stack of Cheesies and Dire Sandwiches. When I play a mage, its usually a pure build, so I haven't found it that useful. But to each his own.

16. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Spell error: Most of the expansion wand recipes require 'Burn Out Wand' instead of 'Burnt Out Wand'...

17. Yeah, I assumed that all of the necessary files had been included (that's what it appeared to be when I examined the contents) in the dredmor.app, so I deleted essential files and know of no way to get them back :(

Am I right in thinking that the official steam update will fix my game for me?

18. Glazed

Glazed Member

In Steam you can use the "Verify Local Game Cache" or some similarly named option to re-download the current 1.0.9 files. Then you can try applying the RC7 patch again. Check the properties window of the Dredmor game in your Library. In there will be the button that does this.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

19. Glazed

Glazed Member

That's exactly what a new spell did in earlier RC's. It was a 20 turn cooldown spell that targeted a corpse, removed it, and left a random mushroom in its place. It was horrible. It was changed to a random proc on monster death. It's in this thread. Wait, you were in those conversations.

What do you mean a "pure build"? Fleshsmithing is a Wizard skill.

20. Karock

Karock Member

If you go into steam and 'delete local content' it will wipe out the game files but not your saves. Then you simply redownload DoD and it will go back to normal.