Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

I can't say it's my favourite activity in the world. That said, the license for Dredmor is basically "don't do anything stupid" so we're probably okay.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Why would you want to? You really have to declare what you intend before anyone would agree to such a request.

If you just want to see the things the game is doing, have you used debug mode? (Attach "-debug-flag" to the executable link in your shortcut.)

*Edit* Ignore the above. Nicholas beat me to it. :)

3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/65653701/Ahnold.sav

OK, I experienced a random stairs crash with the above save game file. Here's what happened:

I cleared out the floor, then went into that big room that essentially consists of a grid of smaller 3x3 rooms. It's off of that long hallway on the left hand side of the mini-map. There's a stairway down there. I went down and got a crash. Reloaded the autosave, no crash on trying the stairs again. Honestly don't know if it will crash when going down with this file, not sure if its worth your time to check out. But there it is!

4. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Finally finished RC5, DM NTTG no PD. I take it achievements won't work until an official release? Anyway, killed Dredmor three times, and nothing happened. No "Congratulations, you've defeated Dredmor," no Dead Dread, no nothing. Well, a mention on the text scroll...pic related.

[​IMG]

Anyway, I enjoyed the heck out of getting my hinder handed to me. My scoreboard is full of death. I didn't mind the blink slimes, but I have to say, whoever thought up the blink curse is getting skolled. Ennui might be a pain, but I got hit with blink curse twice and I thought I was gonna throw up. Vertigo + random teleportation every couple of rounds = serious nausea. I don't think I'll be playing again anytime soon. Which is okay, I wanted to try my hand at making a mod.

All the new traps were fun to disarm - I suppose I should have stepped on a few to see the new evil Dredmor's inflicting upon we unwitting eyebrow-wielders.

Only problem I noticed is how long saves take to load once you get deeper into the dungeon, but I figure that goes with the territory. No pun intended, really. Oh, and I found a portal on floor 14 that led to a no-escape zone...think the problem I had there was that the final room had a pool in it, and it may have spawned the exit inside of the pool...hugged all the walls, no way out. Reloaded outside the portal, and the second level 0 had an exit in it, so I think it's just a little bug with the last room having water in it.

Thank you. You guys have made an awesome game. I appreciate all the hard work you've put in.

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Congratulations! for what it's worth there is supposed to be an ending screen and music (if you didn't know). Thanks for letting us know about this.

6. Nicholas

... Oh, I know why that is - I forgot to hook the new end screen to the new Dredmor. :)

Sheesh!

Marak likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do not feel bad Nicholas. This is why we test the RCs. The fact that Dredmor has been improved is worth the petty errors that happen in every new version. And a new end screen is worthy as well. :)

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

This doesn't crash the game, but it's wierd. Go into the stairs directly north of the character. Then go back up the stairs. You'll come out in a different room. Furthermore, saving and reloading the game seems to change where said stairs-to-the-north land, but they still come out in the same other place if you go back up them.

I think it might be related to the bug somehow, but I'm not sure.

BTW, lots of mods loaded here: Chronomancy, Clockwork Knights, Complete Essential Skills*, More Grilled Cheese, Interior Dredmorating, Roguish Renovation, aaand Runecaster. Dunno if that makes it less helpful or not seeing as stairs are pretty much entirely hardcoaded TTBOMK. :)

(*That's the one I emailed to you for archetype-bug reasons, Nicholas. :) )

PS. I also seem to be missing my "Critical" floater.

Attached Files:

9. Nicholas

Yes, yes, I know about the stair things. Aaaaaaagh.

... and damnit, the archetypes. Damnit.

*sigh* I'll put up RC6 tomorrow evening, and we'll see how much I can continue to kill.

Essence, Marak and OmniNegro like this.
  10. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Yeah, I've beaten him in Elvish before, so I knew something went horribly awry. I also felt compelled to finish the game, just in case something odd or different happened since the latest revision. And what a show-stopper it was! I kept thinking, "Wait...I killed Dredmor...but no game over...do I just wander this floor restlessly, no chance of escape, until madness drives me to become the next lich-king of the dungeon?"

I suppose this means I don't get to be the next Dredmor...shucks. :(

No, no sighing! Rejoicing, for there's more playing to do! And we are a happy little lot of dungeon crawlers, finding the bugs in an awesomesauce game for you to squish. :D I'll just remember my dramamine next time...:sagacity:

11. HJ-kos

HJ-kos Member

Sorry if already answered - how do i use (steam).exe version? Launching it itself doesn't do anything, replacing normal exe with steam and launching via steam does nothing, and so launching (steam).exe via steam shortcut.

12. livercat

livercat Member

I renamed (Steam).exe to usual .exe (replacing original) and launched within Steam - Steam Cloud now works for me.

13. HJ-kos

HJ-kos Member

Doesn't even run for me.

14. HJ-kos

HJ-kos Member

Found small bug - if you had lutefisk convertor cube open and you sell the cube you will still have cube's window open and still be able to use it.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. prophet_gab

prophet_gab Member

Here's what happened to me.

At some point my save got corrupted, i.e dredmor crashed when trying to load that savegame. No problem, I thought, that's what the autosave is for! So I deleted the actual save and started playing the autosave. The thing that happened then is that from now on there was only the autosave in the menu, i.e I only had one savegame left. And of course, I just now found out that that savegame is corrupted as well after I finally reached dungeonlevel 9 on GR PM...

Since I haven't seen many people who reported corrupt savegames on RC5 I assume that it has to do with my setup. The only weird things I do is that I play on Windows XP in windowed mode and with sound muted. No mods.

regards

16. damian_bug

damian_bug Member

Could the -opengl rendering mode be made standard, or added as a graphics option in the menu? I was just lucky to find the solution on the forums, but not everyone will see that. I think most people would appreciate a working Steam overlay and I haven't noticed any disadvantages of the opengl mode.

HJ-kos likes this.
  17. Glazed

Glazed Member

The autosave is linked to the save file of the character you were playing that created the autosave. If you intended to use the autosave you shouldn't delete the original save. You should have simply loaded the autosave and played it without deleting the original. From then on, saving will overwrite the original save, and the autosave feature will overwrite the autosave.

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

So for a fix: Backup the autosave, Create a character with the same name, load the autosave, and save again. If the autosave gets overwritten you can just copy it back since you backed it up already.

Do I have this right Glazed?

*Edit* Ignore this. Daynab clarified this and my post is all but useless. :)

19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This isn't exactly correct as of RC5, due to a bug. When you load an autosave, every subsequent save (as in save and quit) AND autosaves overwrite the autosave and the other save becomes useless. This is gonna be fixed for RC6 as far as I know.

Can you upload your save?

20. prophet_gab

prophet_gab Member

Yes, I first noticed that the original file didn't update after loading the quicksave and saving on exit, so I deleted the original save and tried if it helped.

Since the "upload a file" feature won't let me upload a *.sav file I uploaded it here, sorry for the inconvenience. http://zqnr.de/tmp_gedoens/autosave.sav