Dredmor Patch 1.0.10 RC9 Feedback Thread - I Believe in The Lever Fix

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

Ugh! That was my thought exactly. I really don't want a game mechanic that would encourage me to do this! The diggles should eat or drink a fixed number of items. Or maybe a small random number. E.g.: between 1 and 5 items. The stealing algorithm shouldn't care about stacks. If I only have one each of five different drinks and the Mr. Thirsty rolls a 5, he should drink them all.

SkyMuffin and Essence like this.
  2. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I'll say one thing right now. If a Hungry diggle eats my stack of Deep Omelets, I will banish whoever put them in the game to the Phantom Zone. :) Then they can bore General Zod and friends with tales of why they were banished there. I don't know how I will, but I will. :)

Seriously, enemies that eat and drink your food and booze? Silly game design 101, am I right? :) Not complaining, just wondering.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I like the "X items regardless of stack/etc" idea.

4. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

I've noticed that my EDR isn't changing with stats or equipment. Not sure if this is a patch issue or just a general bug, although I've never had any problems with the stat in the past. It just seems stuck at 17.

5. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Just loaded the new game XML onto Dredmorpedia which told me that 'Mid-Range Toxic Spore Cloud' (the Fungal Arts hit buff) and 'Consume Beverage' (the drunken diggle on-hit) do not exist. Might want to double check the naming on those.

6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Well Hungry and Drunken diggles were bought up in the "blink slime hate thread" with the sole purpose of being examples of how a monster could be very annoying.

Skeptical about whether game design really should be anything but silly for roguelikes.

7. Uraotoko

Uraotoko Member

Im on floor 4 on RC2, no crashes so far.

Please, please, could you fix the multiple level up bug???

Seems to happen when you kill more than 1 monster just before leveling up.
    How to reproduce: Kill many monsters on a monster zoo when you are just about to level up.

8. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

RC5 is pretty stable and worth a try, even though RC3 and RC4 were crashy.

PS: Although Interior Dredmorating and Monstrous Menagerie both seem to break RC5 but not RC2

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I mentioned that elsewhere on these forums, but when I tried to reproduce the crash with only ID I was unable. It sometimes crashed, but then I had a run of ~30 characters I made without a single crash with ID on. If you can reproduce it in a predictable manner, please report it in the ID thread. I and others would be most appreciative.

10. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Good point, however, I haven't really seen anything too silly in Roguelikes. Strangest and silliest I ever saw was fighting Shear Heart-Attack the Bomb Hand from Fist of the North Star. :)

11. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Hey all, I found myself here when trying to figure out if poofing belts was a bug, and from the list in the first page or two it looks like that's the case. I was very sad when I equipped my trap-affinity belt and poofed my crazy damage one :( Anyway, I didn't have time to read all posts, so the first question is if a fix has been found?

Second, I read some of the end posts, which seem to be about things destroying inventory items. I just wanted to say that, personally, that is by far the least enjoyable aspect of a roguelike. Corrupting equipment is annoying, but in this game it's not so bad if you pay attention to what you're fighting, but if I have to stat worrying about inventory items getting destroyed, I may well stop playing :(

Finally, I wanted to add my hope that 99.999% of the time spent in dev currently is fixing bugs (I haven't personally encountered a ton, at least not that I noticed as such, but those I have are a huge pain), improving the UI, and generally adding "quality of life" to the game. For me the biggest annoyance is, by far, the clunky UI of the crafting system. There's plenty here to keep us busy while that happens!

12. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I think the destroying food items may be reduced in force, although, I do agree, it's probably one of the most annoying aspects of Roguelikes.
    At least Angband makes it somewhat easy to avoid thieves. Just have 18/220 Dex. :) Can't be stolen from ever.
    Thankfully, this isn't like ADOM...

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Nicholas is a developer, but he has a sense of humor too. (The belt eating bug has been *Fixed* more than once. He still cries when he hears of more belts being eaten... That last part was an outright lie.)
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/dod-meme-picture-thread.2604/page-4
    :)

14. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Ha! I'm unfortunately well familiar bugs that won't stay squashed. I'm a web developer myself.

15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

The belt thing is in fact, fixed.

16. Even if you buy the game on Steam, you don't need Steam to run the game.

17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This will pollute the thread to discuss further. I appreciate the advice though. :)

We can make a "Pros and Cons of Steam" thread in the off topic area if you like. I would appreciate a notification if you or anyone else makes one though. I am very opinionated on the subject.

@Daynab Awesome! And this time it *Really* works? Belts are tasty though. I guess I have mixed feelings on it.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The last main issue I am worried about for 1.0.10 RC 6 is the issue that somebody reported crashing going up/down stairs. Anybody have *any* info on this, or better yet a reproducing save game?

19. Aurorus

Aurorus Member

The only issue I've been having with the stairs is that when I go down a flight and go up the same one it will bring me to a different set on the previous floor than the one I used. Maybe this crash is tied to that will try to test it more when I come back from work.

blob likes this.
  20. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Would you guys mind terribly if I attach a debugger to your game or shouldn't I/am not allowed to do so with the license?