Dredmor confessions

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by SkyMuffin, Sep 12, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

weird things you do, cheats or bugs you take advantage of, etc.
    • ever since Maslech, every time I play Archaeology I use my fedora on anvils and try to make my own. I have not been successful. :(
    • I still use the "right click lots of times to cast 100000 deathly hexes" bug >_>
    • sometimes i just say "f*** it" and punch every diggle I can as a vegan

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

• I have only made 1 artifact from lukefisk
    • Almost every death I have had past floor 2 could have be avoid if I gave my actions just a few more seconds of thought
    • Every since I made a 100 dodge build I just can't go back to be a mage
    • I have never used the warlock past the 2nd skill

SkyMuffin likes this.
  3. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

• I can't do a single mage build that reach floor 3.
    • Sometimes i get burgaly, archeology and Big Game Hunter just to hoard EXP.
    • Use tinkering just to craft Clockwork gear. All the bolts that I crafted until today I turned into Lutefisk.
    • Can't play the game on normal speed anymore, so anything that doesn't have at least 3 :trap_sense: dies to traps, EVERY TIME.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Here are mine, in case anyone cares:
    • I'm incapable of choosing a build that doesn't have a teleport skill.
    • I just have to gather everything, including both stuff from vending machines and shoddy artefacts on islands. Even if it means getting 6 floors back and forcing my way through Brax' daemons.
    • Every crafting build I make includes Clockwork Knight.
    • I have yet to think of a skill tree that wouldn't take more code to write than is elegant.
    • Less than 1.000 bolts/throwables is always "not enough, must gather more" for me.
    • Ditto about ground meat if I'm playing with Big Game Hunter.
    • I never use Archeology outside of random builds.
    • I drink booze even on characters with no use for mana, just for the heck of it.

Vitellozzo and SkyMuffin like this.
  5. Thecakepie

Thecakepie Member

I can't leave anything on the ground. I have to collect ALL THE THINGS (even if the item is stupid and I've already made 1000 lutefisk).

>_> hoarding....

Turbo164 likes this.
  6. Warlock

Warlock Member

Look up my pocket dimension someday; I have a small hoarder's problem.
    (read: I broke 500 ingots of common metals and 150 of precious metals yesterday when exploring wizardlands.)

I also rob all the loot from everywhere. point the second.

I must have tinkering in 3/4 of my builds.

I hate everything. [​IMG]

7. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Wow you guy pick up everything? Gez that must take hours. I try to adopt a leave no trace policy and only take what I need. We must preserve our dungeon ecosystems for future adventurers!

Vitellozzo and Doc Gelegentlich like this.
  8. Warlock

Warlock Member

[​IMG]

@SkyMuffin: I seem to be very lucky concerning Anvils anyway; I have plans to make a Cloak of Sagan into Maslech the third. Maslech the second happens to be a randart ring I found in the wizardlands and then dutifully Kronged at every anvil since (cursed only once, -2 melee power, totallly worth it - again)

9. I do this is.

Which is ironic because I'm the opposite in real life ("LEAVE ALL THE THINGS ON THE FLOOR").

There really needs to be a way to script "okay grind any meat we pick up, then lutefisk it" that would make hording SO MUCH EASIER.

Anyway!
    • I approach veganism like the doctor (Doctor Who) approaches pacifism. Punching animals is bad! Spraying them with acid or blowing them up with fireballs on the otherhand is totally vegan, and in fact I'll make sure to kill them all.
    • I can't play non-mage builds. I try but it just. Doesn't. Work.
    • I almost made a Maslech once but the game got patched before I finished so I moved on to a new character. (Technically if you just krong an item enough it should average out to positive bonuses even if it occasionally is cursed.)
    • I once made a mod with 3000 lines of code for one skill tree, and 1000+ lines for one skill in it. Actually that's the only mod I made. >.< (...ironically I'm thinking of removing the 1000 line spell and sticking it in it's own tree, since I can't seem to make it work. ...but yeah it's ridiculously inelegant but I wasn't about to let that stop me.)
    • I've gone and bought other video games 'cause there were references to them in Dredmor. ("Ulmish Blacksteel Platemail")

10. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

Wait, Wait... You DON'T pick up all the loot on the floor???:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

11. Warlock

Warlock Member

:dmg_existential::dmg_existential: :dmg_existential::dmg_existential::dmg_existential:

TheJadedMieu and SkyMuffin like this.
  12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Stop having existential problem and go back to the topic, the two of you.

Doc Gelegentlich likes this.
  13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

That's true, but while you win out numerically, there are some stats that are qualitatively more valuable than others. Last time I tried to make a Maslech I got a -3:sight: buff, for example :p And before that, I got -2:trap_sense: on another one, which really sucked at the beginning of the game.

14. Warlock

Warlock Member

That's nothing. Somebody else would up with -5 :sight: and -3:trap_level: from two successive Krong curses.
    Ouch.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. Yeah that... doesn't help.

Kazeto likes this.
  16. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I only pick up items I can immediately use.

I'm a monster.

17. Mashirafen

Mashirafen Member

I have never played a mage character.

18. Wolg

Wolg Member

...I have built characters that adapt RL acquaintances into Eyebrowed form. And repeatedly sent them into the dungeon for maiming.

19. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Sometimes I get max a crafting tree even when I don't need it. That way my well eyebrowed endowed companion will have a way to make a living once he/she is done with killing dreadmor.

Mr_Strange and Kazeto like this.
  20. I started naming my characters bizarre disconnected selections of words (like "Electric Biscuit")

I used to confuse "Ossuary" with "Estuary" and was very confused why the hellish 15th level tileset was named THAT.

SkyMuffin likes this.