Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Wolg

Wolg Member

I always thought the cloud gremlin thing was because it tried to cast the mine where the player was standing, hence the random locations (like if you try putting promethean's flame glyph trap directly on a monster), but then I haven't looked at the XML.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Right -- maybe the Mummy/Pumpkinn thing is similar? Cloud spells are 'mines' in technical terms, after all.

3. Wootah

Wootah Member

Where is the multiple hotbars? Does a second show up when the first is full?

4. Essence

There are little tiny arrows on the left side of the skill bar; one up, one down. You use them to switch between the skillbars.

5. Yeah, the tiny buttons are easy to miss. Hopefully they are upsized or hotkeys are added!

6. Wolg

Wolg Member

Possibly, but I'd have expected them to almost never hit you if so.

For some reason I keep thinking the pumpkinns do this in one or two particular room types...

7. Has anyone else noticed that quests calling for you to pick up an item or kill an boss tend to spawn two things? There maybe one item on the floor, pick it up and it vanishes completely and the "real" item is underneath. I've seen the same happen for a boss, kill an elite and the "real" leader of the group appears immediately right where the elite died, although it's just a regular monster and relatively easy to beat.

8. To clarify, the second monster is the one listed as "the commander of" whatever the group is, and the others flee when you kill it.

9. Ghira

Ghira Member

I've often had the image used for quest items change after I pick them up. This has been so common that I assumed it was a known bug or was, for some reason, intentional.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Yeah it has been that way as long as I remember. All I want is for them to fix the major crashes in 1.1.3 and then release it!

11. There are a couple significant things besides crashing that need to be looked at before it's ready for mass consumption I think but ... the crashes come first. I'm just worried with everyone working on the new game, this has been largely forgotten. Hopefully enough people grabbed dredmor on the steam autumn sale that it'll show gaslamp there is still interest in the game.

12. Essence

As previously mentioned, the delay in 1.13 has little to do with GLG and much more to do with the Linux release and it's Valvetime issues. They haven't forgotten anything, don't go raising a bunch of drama.

13. Loren

Loren Member

I wonder if some of the valve issues were them being given a timeout after valve found out that they were sneaking linux binaries into the steam release. "What do you mean, it's ready to go as is?"

14. Oh, I thought that was just a joke. Fair enough.

15. Wootah

Wootah Member

Well I have pretty much held off playing DoD for a few weeks because the crashing is quite obnoxious. Could they at least release a good build here. I am dying to play again.

16. Just run the stable build from steam, and go back to trying the beta when they release a new version? Sure, they need people testing it and putting reports in to fix the crashes, but there are plenty of people doing that, right?

17. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

at this point I think we're just waiting for the next release candidate :p I'm just using the steam build right now. I do miss the instant updating crafting interface though :(
    Are you sure it's not a case of a trap killing a monster, and then the mummy casting corpse explosion on it? I've seen that happen a few times when a zoo spawns with some traps inside.

18. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Hey, it's a beta party and you're invited.

19. Essence

YOU ARE A GOLDEN GOD!!!

Vitellozzo, Kazeto and SkyMuffin like this.
  20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

!! second release! huzzah