Dredmor 1.1.3 Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Nicholas, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

idk if this is an issue in previous versions, since i've never had this occur before, but

enemy corpses can still :reflection: spells back at you :confused:

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  2. TSED

TSED Member

Nick, I just checked to see if that dual-weapon-stats-rounding error was replicatable in 1.1.2. It was not.

I did, however, immediately upgrade to the beta and try it there, and it was replicatable. So it seems that something introduced it in the beta patch.

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I'm getting CTDs when descending stairwells. The autosave disappears whenever that happens. Saving the game should probably be atomic.

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I admit I am curious to see if anyone has run across the... adjusted.. anim yet.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

what

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I'm guessing it involves the thrusty

Exile, OmniaNigrum and mining like this.
  7. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Okay, I'll deal with this.

Anybody else getting the CTD going downstairs? Are you running with mods?

Exile and OmniaNigrum like this.
  8. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Yep. Quite possibly the fault of something that adds rooms or items. However it'd still be nice if the autosave only got overwritten if the game didn't crash.

That said, I could run it without mods specifically to see about reproducing it.

9. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

On thrown weapons:

Monster Toss works as a target spell, rather than an adjacent. IE you can toss any monster you can see even if it isn't next to you. If this is indeed the intended behavior, it should be more obvious really. Count Tilly's Long Range Pike Bombardment, when it was broken, actually didn't seem that way because the description of the skill suggested that you figure out a way to hit the diggle that was waiting accross the moat, somehow. That has been fixed now.

The promised stat boosts from the thrown weapons skill tree do not seem to apply at all, neither in the character screen nor in the result of throwing weapon damage calculations.

Also unrelated, the bounding boxes for the menu buttons still don't match the actual graphics of the main menu. The left edge of "save and quit" visually appears to fall into the bounding box of "just quit", threatening hilarity frustration arising out of distractedly clicking yes.

Exile, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  10. wunshott

wunshott Member

windows 7 -- Unequipping and Equipping my Clockwork Thunderclap will permanently boost my enemy dodge reduction, critical chance, and melee power over and over again. Also, encrusting any weapon with "The Worst Idea Ever" will override any previous special encrustment effects on weapons, like profuse bleeding, forever. Lastly, crashing upon saving a game happens every so often.

OmniaNigrum and Bohandas like this.
  11. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

The Hexaxe of Magic Axelords needs an after="1" somewhere to work as intended. Currently, the buff it grants is actually consumed by the attack on the same turn it is granted and does nothing unless you somehow kill a monster without attacking it (IE with a trap or wand).

Exile, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. Indiggles

Indiggles Member

Wait, there's a buff associated with that weapon? I would have never known :confused:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Wootah

Wootah Member

Bug report. - Significant
    Latest Steam beta build.
    Item Filters on crafting are not working correctly.
    I went to craft a wand of laser, and noticed that it was gone, but now there were various Smithing recipes listed with wandcrafting:
    [​IMG]

I went looking through the other recipes, and all the crafts have cross contamination from BS, with some worse off or better than others. I found wand of laser in engineering:

[​IMG]

It wasn't like this some time ago (same save file as the one i submitted that got the healing rains ring nerfed).

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Nicholas

Can anybody else reproduce this one?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Early last year I encountered a very similar problem where recipes that you did not have would duplicate over existing recipes. They were usable too, but usually required stuff that was not what it indicated to make them. (This I learned by using Debug Mode. Clicking the component in DM spawned a different component than the component indicated in the overwritten recipe. I pretty much stopped playing shortly afterwards. But I can test some more if no other leads show up.)

It is possible that my experience with this was tainted by DM. But I rather doubt that.

Wootah, have you tried this in a mod free game to see if it still happens? (I do not even know if you use mods.)

Exile and Kazeto like this.
  16. Wootah

Wootah Member

There are no mods whatsoever associated with this file.
    I have been in pure test mode with the Beta patch.

Here is the save from playing from today.

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Are you playing a saved game from a previous patch version. I think this happened to me once before but it was because of some change to the core files and my save game was from a previous version.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Wootah

Wootah Member

Short Answer. Yes,. It is from a previous Version.

Slightly Longer Answer:
    I made the file for the Beta. I also made a post about how broken the the Sapphire ring of Deepest Skies was (although this was probably nothing new).

A few days later a patch was released on steam. Around 1 MB. And they fixed the Ring. I asked for a list of the patch changes, but the only confirmed change was a nerf to the ring. So Yes, the patch existed from a previous version, but since part of the patch was intended to fix the very file that I submitted, I feel somewhat justified in pointing out that the crafting is broken (at least for me). So far it looks like the file has only been downloaded once. But I understand the guys are busy, so it is cool, but thought maybe some other people in here could download the file and check to see if it is broken for them as well so they could confirm that for Nich.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I have encountered the issue of crafting recipes showing up on the wrong devices before this beta, it is not a new bug.

That said I have no idea how to reproduce it.

20. Nicholas

If nobody can get me a repro case, I'm ignoring it as "one of those things."