Dredmor 1.1.1 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

The approximate changelog for Dredmor 1.1.1 is as follows. Not finalized, but close enough:

Core
    • SKILL: Two new skills, Daggers and Polearms.
    • SKILL: Accompanying new weapons for the Same.
    • Skill: Shields: Defensive Bash changed to scale damage by block%
    • FIXED: Fiery Wand now properly scales damage with Wandcrafting
    • CORE: burn="1" effect removed from game.
    • FIXED: made some more sconces unpushable
    • ITEM: Bolt of Mass Destruction: uses a more correct Blinding Flash effect
    • UI: New screens in-game for achievements
    • UI: 2X controls are now on individual elements, instead of a global setting
    • UI: Character window can now be dragged around the screen.
    • UI: Crafting now has useful tooltips.
    • UI: Lutefisk Cube now also has a tooltip.
    • GAMEPLAY: Miniboss support.
    • FIXED: Glacial Burst Trap
    • FIXED: position of "Digest" button on 2X UI widget
    • FIXED: Blackjack. Again. Hah.
    • NERFED: Promethean Magic. Again.
    • UI: You can now choose your title screen.
    • ART: Raven sprite moved to Core game.
    • ART: Raven sprite now slightly colorized.
    • SFX: A bunch of new sound effects.
    • UI: Crafting now has a button to access it on the belt panel.
    • UI: Buffs that are stacked now display the # of buffs in a stack, and provide a visual cue
    • UI: Page count now exists in the Tutorial list
    • GAMEPLAY: Drunkenness. It's a thing.
    • GAMEPLAY: Monsters now have a sight cone, and sneaking now works better. Monsters have two states, "suspicious" and "attempting to kill you."
    • GAMEPLAY: Added a Pocket Dimension, for your Storage Needs! Find a suitable set of Wizard Keys.
    • GAMEPLAY: Added new achievements! (Nobody expects these to work at this point, do they?)
    • MODS: Added "buff type" hints for removing buff effects from a particular skill tree.
    • MODS: Custom engravings now show tooltips if they have a description.
    • CORE: Total rewrite of the save-game system. Save games are now stored in directories. At some point, we will load things one level at a time (and make our autosave significantly better); this was not done for this build, but the framework is in place.
    • CORE: As an added bonus, loadsave.dat is now dead.
    • STEAM: Various Steam Cloud issues.
    • STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods are now embedded in save games, so that Steam Workshop won't automatically update, overwriting your mods and breaking your game.
    • STEAM WORKSHOP: Mods published to Steam Workshop are now tagged.
    • FIXED: Unarmed combat bonuses applied even when using weapons.
    RotDG:
    • SKILL: Level 5 Vegan will now only remove Vegan-related debuffs.
    • SKILL: The Cure will only remove one random debuff intead of all debuffs.
    YHTNTEP:
    • FIXED: Fixed a misplaced blocker in the Zomby Zoo
    • SKILL: Made Essence of Battle removeable (and it'll take all your mana if you do remove it).
    • SKILL: Player can no longer resist Empowered version of Chronomantic Twist

SkyMuffin and mining like this.
  2. Nicholas

Notable things that have not been fixed: Lucky Pick abuse, Chest of Evil fun, and some of the other long-standing abuses. We want to do them; we just didn't get them done by our cut-off date.

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

Will the nerf to Promethean be clarified here, or do we wait for the XML diff people?

4. Nicholas

Increased mana cost.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  5. Warlock

Warlock Member

works for me. at least the damage isn't nerfed again. [​IMG]

6. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Miniboss support? How does this work? What are the details?

Also, burning gone? Huzzah! What replaces it, if anything?

7. Warlock

Warlock Member

you get to create your own custom bosses, like Lord Dredmor. These aren't simply randomly named variants of enemies with more stats. At least this is what I read into it.

8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

I was talking more about the code itself. It's currently possible to make minibosses by defining a monster and setting it to unique, I just wanted to know the hows and what we can do with it that we can't already do with the above method. Should've been clearer on that point.

Either that, or the alternative interpretation is that we can define named monsters in rooms.xml. That would be fun, too.

9. Wootah

Wootah Member

Love the push towards better saving, and save storage.
    Wizard keys and the pocket dimension are part of the core game? I guess that makes sense.
    Huge nerf to debuff purge. Makes Zodiacal wands and purity potions much more powerful.
    Are shrines spawning on top of things, especially Satanic teleporting glyphs fixed?

10. Warlock

Warlock Member

Now Perception became a little more overpowered. I also propose some new loot to be added to the Perception tables in preparation for Wizardlands. A mixture of new and existing stuff, nothing too fancy.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

How about making it so that these weapons, other than the damage bonuses, will also have a random effect detrimental to you that will trigger on either hit (taxa-based effect, most likely), or monster death (e.g. something that deals damage to you for some time or decreases your resistances/stats if you don't hit/kill anything in the next x turns); that way those weapons would truly be less abusable, since they would be more risky to use.

12. Wolg

Wolg Member

Fine as far as it goes. What about "It Belongs In A Museum" though?

The idea of weapons that dislike hitting taxa, that gets funky. Vegan polearms?

13. Warlock

Warlock Member

You will still have to rebalance weapons to ensure that melee-based classes can still do damage at mid-levels worth a damn. Chest of Evil weapons and Dual Wield are pretty much the only way you get to compete with spellcasting classes at present. And corrupting enemies have to be one-shotted, ranged, or otherwise disabled via proc/skill to ensure that your equipment doesn't get turned into a butter knife. I would say, 25% more damage on all regular weapons, improve artifact weapons from Inconsequentia, Zoos, and Lutefisk god. Why not retain the current CoE algorithm as a monster zoo reward, except applicable to all sorts of items? it'll give some meaning to clearing out zoos, especially on the lower floors. This way, you have a chance at a really nice piece of equipment, but only if you take the risk of clearing out the floor's zoo. Then, allow random minibosses to actually spawn loot, so it's worth seeking them out. My two cents.

14. Createx

Createx Member

Awesome stuff, will have to see if Vegan is now much less powerful. Don't think so, we'll see how the tweaks affect it.
    But still no lockpick fix? Just make Burglary not need any at all :p If that is even possible without deep modding... Or give me my picks automatically after 45 turns, less clicking :D

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

See, this is why perception is useful. It's very desirable as a source of not only free loot and crafts, but potions of purity too.

16. Wootah

Wootah Member

According to IRC the change to lockpicks will get here eventually.
    Then he can make more lockpicks drop for the rest of the builds and burglary will be less mandatory for the crazies who constantly are fisking their picks.

17. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Kazeto, let's not nerf Chest of Evil weapons and say we did. :)
    No, really, just simply fixing their chance of being weapons would be the best nerf possible. Honestly, those weapons do not need to be made useless by hurting you. This is not that type of game. :)

Any more, and I will have to have summon an Arch-Diggle army to attack you in real life. :)

Wait? How the heck can you abuse Lucky Pick at all? It takes 44 turns or so to recharge, and only gives you three lockpicks. There is no way you could abuse that skill except on Elvish Easy, where the monster regeneration on the level would not allow for a ton of monsters to spawn while somehow abusing it. :)

Please keep the following in mind.
    The majority of us, who do not abuse it, in any way, should not be punished for the crimes of the few.
    I can't think of any one who would say it's a good thing to punish the majority for the crimes of the extreme minority.
    This will be worse than the ingot nerf by a factor of 50, and I hated that ingot nerf because it was punishing the majority for the crimes of the minority.

IF I am missing something, please let me know. But how can anyone abuse Lucky Pick?
    Who the hell Lutefisks lockpicks? That's the more absurd thing I've ever heard of. :eek:
    I only did that once, and that was on floor 15, and I wanted to see what I could get for 500 lutefisk. I didn't get anything useful.

Honestly, just make the lockpicks not able to be lutefisked. Wouldn't that be a bit easier than nuking Lucky Pick.
    I mean, you're basically going for the nuclear detonation approach, when you could easily just send in a lone gunman. :)

18. Warlock

Warlock Member

Seconding the notion of leaving lucky pick as is. Just increase the minimum found number of lockpicks to 15+whatever for classes without burglary (though why they would not have it is beyond me, lockup, ninja vanish, and move in mysterious ways is too good for its own sake.)

19. Wootah

Wootah Member

Sorry David, someone, probably nicholas posted somewhere here(guess I could search for it huh?) that he was fed up with lucky pick abuse.
    Giving Burglary the ability to pick all things is all around better than managing lock picks anyway, freeing up an inventory slot in the process. The only reason anybody would be opposed to this is if they were Spamming it to throw in the lutefisk cube.

Which also means more picks in the dungeon for other builds! And once you have mastered a floor creature regeneration is meaningless. I mean back in the day I once made enough Haematic Phylacteries (something like 10-14) to the point where my HP was so low that I could die in one hit from creatures on my current floor (like floor 9) and then purged the buff with a purity potion. That is like 1000 turns with no real threat of monster spawn.

20. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Odd. Monster spawn on anything but Elvish Easy is really fast.

Regardless, I don't know why anyone really would spam Lockpicks, that seems like an exercise in insanity. :)
    I just don't abuse them at all. I do use the skill occasionally, but I see no reason at all that it needs to be removed because some crazy people abused it.

I personally find that a bit insulting that a few bad apples dictate how the rest of us play the game. :(
    Translation is All wrong became basically useless because of it's eating a single power, and eventually triggering you not being able to use it again on an item.
    Ingots were changed because people were literally using them wrong, and abusing how the game worked.
    And now, Lucky Pick is apparently abused. :(
    I'm tired of things being changed for the majority of players because of some bad apples. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.