Dredmor 1.0.6. Patch Commentary

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Yeah, achievements got a bit scrambled due to our new build processing system. They should be fixed in a couple of hours.

Exile likes this.
  2. schtick

schtick Member

New personage here. Loving the game by the way. Actually beaten Dredmore once ... on super easy. I'm too cowardly for permadeath quite yet lol.

Anyhow, I can't get the game to go at all at the moment. Steam keeps telling me it is "unavailable". Not that I want to date it or anything of course. I just have to "try again at another time". Its been like this for the last 20-ish hours. Something to do with the new update maybe?

Anyway, any news on this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

schtick (Christchurch, NZ)

3. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

That would just be Steam. Try switching download region, should fix it.

4. schtick

schtick Member

Thanks for that. I just started it up again and it updated(!) with no problems. Never had that happen before. Very odd. Anyway, as someone once said ... "Yaaarrgghh" ... :D ... thanks a lot, matey ... and now I can get back to the swashbuckling and diggle killing shenanigans. Time to swash my buckle ... or is it the other way round???

Best wishes

HP aka schtick

5. SamMakesGames

SamMakesGames Member

I already had 1.0.6 but just got an update. Does that mean you published the achievement fix?

Edit: Nevermind, just tried real quick and got the Normandy achievement. Thanks for the quick fix! :)

6. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

Yes, achievement fix should be in.

7. cameron8161

cameron8161 Member

Second'ing Velorian's post on page 1. Narcosomatic Induction is totally useless now. Before the patch, if you got lucky, you could use this skill to get lvl 2 and grab another helpful skill. Seriously, 1 damage and consistent resists? This is actually preventing me from even trying a build cause just getting a level up needs multiple skills I didn't want take this time. Narco wasn't even that great, what caused the nerf?

8. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Halp!

Are Lutefisk shrines not being spawned at all? I've not found one in my new game, after the patch, and I'm on the fourth dungeon level now.

I think they needed to be reduced a bit, but this may be overkill. :eek:

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

You must have the worst luck ever. I've seen at least 2 on the first two floors so far. At least one on the first floor.
    You might want to get the files vertified by Steam.
    Or there's a glitch in the Matrix.

10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It probably is just random -- after 1.05, I know I sometimes went through a level or two that didn't have a store, for example.

11. Marak

Marak Member

Yeah, the game can generate floors that:

A) Have two Zoos instead of just one
    B) Have fewer than three shops; I've had floors with NO shops, which is a huge pain given how much you fight with your Inventory on a Floor with shops
    C) Are lacking Anvils or Lutefisk Shrines
    D) Have fewer than three Inconsequentia Statues

It's the luck of the draw. Some games you'll have 3 shops, 3 quests, 2 anvils, and a Lutefisk God on every single Floor. Some games, your Floors are goofy and lacking things.

12. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Ahh, thanks.

Yes, I regularly have runs of bad luck so this shouldn't be surprising. :D