Dredmor 1.0.10 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

[​IMG]

Here's a screenshot in case you were curious still

Issues I have encountered:
    1.) I am finding a lot of the time after reloading an autosave the game crashes to desktop without a error message or reason. I have to reload the game and then it loads it properly.
    2.) Being teleported to tiles I can not escape from given current build. Sure I can reload a previous save, but a nuisance none the less. (I'm looking at you Teleport Traps)
    3.) Not really a bug, but I have found maybe 100 of the new fire bolt thrower and the staff. Pretty much the only items I have been coming across floor 11-13.

2. 0x517A5D

0x517A5D Member

I have a game-tuning issue with the new Fungal Arts mechanics. I do like the automation, it reduces tedium, but I don't think the changes have been fully thought through.

My particular gripe is that kills made by pets can't spawn mushrooms. (At least I've never noticed it.)

That's all well and good, but...

Fungal Arts is a very pet-oriented skill. Two of the five abilities are summons. The very first point you put into the skill gets you a pet. A pet which will greatly reduce the amount of mushrooms you're going to get.

Maybe the two Fungal pets could be special-cased to proc Fungal Bloom when they make a kill? Or at least the level 5 pet, that is a mushroom itself? Or perhaps the spore clouds occasionally released by these pets could do it?

I didn't fully read the 1.10beta feedback thread, but I did scan it for the Fungal Arts discussion, and didn't see this point brought up.

Lobo likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

People getting the random-save-crashes: are you *all* on OS X?

4. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

I'm curious what is causing my character to randomly teleport after being attacked now? I am not under the affects of a blink curse. Batties, Blobbies, Zombies,Unfriendly AIs, Diggles, and Deaths have all triggered it so far.

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ichabod: what's your build?

6. HowlingLotus

HowlingLotus Member

I am running Windows 7 64-bit.

Same happens. I haven't found a reason yet either, but did you accidentally step on one of those teleport traps?

7. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

Axes, dual wielding, berserker rage, master of arms, smithing, tinkering, demonologist.

No, I've found those, I don't have a debuff, and I'm standing still so I can't be triggering another.

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

As I mentioned earlier, there was an issue or two I wanted to illustrate.

Firstly; I'm still getting the Stuff Spawning On Stuff issue, as I'm sure others are:
    [​IMG]

Not a 1.0.10 issue, just a... reminder, perhaps.

Now this is one I've not encountered before.
    [​IMG]
    I was using those handmade explosives (right?) to find a hidden wall. First wall moved back okay, second one lead to that. It's a square black hole which, if one moves even a square away, turns into the 'shroud' black (i.e. like an area you haven't explored). I threw some bombs at it but they just go FWOOOOOOSH through it, not actually doing anything.

Marak likes this.
  9. Marak

Marak Member

That could very well be. It does look a bit like a Game Gear, but the PSP is a lot more recent. Who knows? I'd say that your guess is better than mine though; I always forget about the PSP when thinking about/discussing handhelds.

Also, new... uh... bug. When you get near the end-game, the stats on Artifacts start to scale to silly levels, resulting in items like Puzuk, the Eater of Statistics:

[​IMG]

Health +1 or +1x?
    Mana +1 or +1x?
    Magic Power -??
    Crit + 3 (?)
    Dodge -??
    Block +1x
    Armor+1x
    Sneakiness -??
    Magic Regen -??
    Trap Affinity +3 (?)

Nice to know what I'm in for when I equip it =p

Lobo likes this.
  10. badboy80

badboy80 Member

It would seem that Maslech has competition

11. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Puzuk laughs. "Why would I have anything against Maslech? He's my brother. If you knew what he's done for me..." Puzuk smiles knowingly.

12. Glazed

Glazed Member

What? Are you saying we should let you have the last word? Never!

This is the XML code from 1.0.9 RevB:

Code:
    <craft>
      <output skill="0" name="Copper Ingot" amount="1" />
      <output skill="1" name="Copper Ingot" amount="2" />
      <tool tag="ingot"/>
      <input name="Malachite"/>
        </craft>
    Look familiar? :-P

I was also mistaken in my last post. You don't need the Ingoteer skill to get 2 ingots. You only need 1 point of Smithing, which you get by just having the skill. Same with Tinkering, which I didn't even know helped with ingot making. Having Alchemy or Wand Crafting doesn't help.

I still have 1.0.9 RevB, so I tried it out with that version. I got the exact same results. Maybe you had an item that buffed Smithing or Tinkering level. You'd only need one point.

13. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

If I actually had time to do stuff when not at work, I would find a way to reload 109RB and take a video to prove it was ALWAYS giving me two. I can also guarantee that I did not have a smithing buff item (since none exist) and I was not wearing tinkering goggles at the very beginning of level 1. The only time I am not 100% certain is when I had no crafting skills at all, so either all crafting skills were doing it, including alchemy and wands (seems likely) or I had a very interesting and helpful bug.

Not really, that's magnetic armor, it has about 8 different stats on it by default. In fact, I think :trap_level::trap_sense::mana::life::crit: are the only ones that are artifact-y there. That aside, the squished stats definitely does need a looking-at, especially with the 5 extra levels. I've had several times where I have no idea how much damage I do because I have 14 damage types active, and many many artifacts that do what's shown in that screenshot.

14. Marak

Marak Member

As a caveat to my "hey guys, you fixed Diggle Gods items", I present the following:

[​IMG]
    Edit: Exhibit 2
    [​IMG]

Flashy Staves of Godewijn are the new Lirpas, it seems.
    Not shown: the 5 Artifact Flashy Staves sold on the previous Floor, found mainly in Uber/Evil Chests or as Quest Rewards.
    Edit: Also Not Shown: I'm on Floor 13.

15. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, unfortunately even with the loot tables fixed, there just isn't that many 10+ items.

16. tannim

tannim Member

For my amusement, I loaded the game with debug flag. I pressed L to level my character 4 times, which boosted to level 65. Now you need 0 experience to go up to the next level. So killing anything makes you go up another level.

You no longer see the entire Monster Zoo at once?

Also, I got two monster zoos on the same level, both gave me a prize for clearing them.

Relating to Monster Zoos, can you add an option to speed up the rolling log at the top? If you use Tenebrous Rift you can get over a minute worth of backed up entries that SLOWLY scroll through.

Autoloot doesn't pick up quest items?

17. zefria

zefria Member

Correct. Start a band new character, hit 'c', nothing happens. I'll resay that I'm on Win7 64-bit incase this part was lost.

He didn't say there was no testing, he said "[the RCs] which hardly anyone, as a percentage of players, touches". The guy is being a jerk, but let's do think about this claim for a moment: "the pool of people testing is a small portion of the player population". Let's say the testing thread had 200 people in it. Let's say that DoD has sold 200,000 copies (which is probably a low figure). That means that the "testing" group would be 1/1000th of the population, and that is in fact a very small portion of the player base. Even with 2,000 people in the testing thread, that'd be like 1% of players (again using the 200k sales figure). Your testing base will always be limited to the hardcore fans who care a lot. Everyone else just plays on steam with whatever version steam is serving them. A large number of players quite probably don't even know what version of the game they're playing other than "the latest one", because they just don't pay attention to things like that.

Now then, regarding the point of the thread:
    • Bug: "No time to gind" checkbox isn't remembered across games.
    • Bug: I had two monster zoos on the same floor, and because of the weird non-standard vision reveal that they do, both of them got revealed when i saw the first one.
    • Request: Could the combat logs show a total damage either before or after the breakdown of each damage type?

18. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Not actually a bug, IIRC; you have to kill both zoos to get the reward, and it'd be unfair if you didn't know where the other one was. And since having multiple zoos spawnable on one floor is intended...

19. zefria

zefria Member

Since floors aren't crazy huge regardless of if you're using "no time to grind" or not, it wouldn't be a stretch of the imagination to just give a message saying "you must fight the other one too!" and make the player look for the other one (you have to look for the monolith / eye shrine / etc. when you're doing a quest).

Or make each one have a self-contained reward.

Or whatever I guess, if that's intended.

20. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

PROTIP: I'm not tech support, so maybe send your save file to contact@gaslampgames.com, or email them for proper support. My advice follows:

I'm on Win7/64 as well, and I just did this. It worked fine for me with two random build characters. If it's the Steam build, try right-clicking the game in Steam, Select Properties, and under the Local Files tab, click the "Verify the integrity of game cache..." button. If that doesn't fix it, try right clicking the game in Steam, and Delete Local Content, then Install the game again.

If it's not a Steam build, definitely contact support, since I don't have a clue on how to fix the Desura/GameFly versions. :oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.