Dredmor 1.0.10 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zefria

zefria Member

correct, lowercase c doesn't open it.

I second the question.

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

This is a bug, I know how to cause this using some mod stuff. It's not just for 1+ that you'll get 7 with that. Your sight will be at 7 forever and nothing can ever change it, even polymorphing and removing all your equipment won't change it to anything else.

Now I hadn't expected this to occur in the core game, but I know that it's related to the compounding of negative and positive sight radius. I happened upon it while trying to make a blind warrior skill, I ended up finding a way to lock your maximum sight to 7, which would persist even though polymorphing. That was because I subtracted a large amount then added a large amount in the same skill.

3. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Minor graphical glitch with the traps:

[​IMG]

"Item" is overlapped by description in most cases, regardless of number of traps in stacks. I happened to screen-shot this in a shop, but it happens outside of shops as well. Win7/64bit. The only exception I've found so far:

[​IMG]

Which, as you will notice, also has the line "Pick Up Trap" beneath it.

Edit: And once I drop a bunch of stuff and hit the SORT! button:

[​IMG]

4. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

You don't happen to have your skills, quests, or crafting windows up, do you? The character screen won't pop up or be usable if those are open.

5. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Maybe your keybinds got messed up. Check them in your settings.

6. Steam Stuff:

Achievement: "Playing for Both Teams" does not appear to work, yet, or at least, does not award from creating both a male and a female character under the new patch.

Achievement: "The Humanoid Typhoon" does not appear to be achievable, since there is no Deadshot skill these days.

7. ledow

ledow Member

So, Last Skills is broke, savegames are broken from previous versions (several reports which I would have ignored in lower frequency), window position still isn't remembered, some Steam achievements are still broken, and that's just the stuff that seems to have been confirmed in the first day since the release.

This is what happens when your "tech contact put the build up on his way to the airport while stopping in the office for 10 minutes", and exactly what I've tried to warn you about.

You had a buglist. You have a list of actions that the player can perform. You still can't be bothered to go back through the list of bugs and check they are fixed just before you release the patch. And the RC's (which hardly anyone, as a percentage of players, touches) don't help you here. Throwing out a

And things like Last Skills not working are probably MORE annoying than anything in-game. I have no idea what Skills I use, I just found a set that worked. Having to find that set again would have been a nightmare. Steam-screenshot your "Choose your skills" window, people.

Think I'll give this version a miss, until you come up with a PATCH (i.e. a small series of targetted fixes that play with as little as possible and is released quite quickly) for the HUGE UPDATE that you didn't test properly.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Bother to read the RC thread before bitching about there being no testing. It is a huge thread with many people participating.

I do not know who exactly you think you are, but grow up. Some bugs made it through testing. They will get fixed. Relax and let things progress.

Since you presume there was no testing done, I will presume you have no idea what game you are speaking of. Win-Win. 'Nuff said.

*Edit* You POSTED to the RC thread twice? How could you say there was no testing? GLG is not to my knowledge a company owned and operated at your whim. They asked if they should rush a patch or keep the RC going longer. You said they should let it go on longer. Others did not agree. There are multiple problems more important than petty irritations making it to the final version to consider. Like I posted, the Mac issue with only being able to use one mod needed fixing immediately, even if that meant some bugs slipped through. Some did. And now you bemoan that no testing took place because GLG as a whole did not bow to your will? kiss your arse? I have some choice words for that. But I will restrain myself.

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That happened in 1.0.9 Rev B too, by the way. Not sure how much it applied to traps in that patch, but some items did have that issue.

10. Lobo

Lobo Member

I'm running Steam 1.0.10 on MacOS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard). I started a fresh wizard/Necro character with the 1.0.10 patch (.sav file attached), and I've noticed a few problems:

1. I'm unsure what exactly is causing this, but my present character has WAY too many hit points and health regen. It's almost as though my Meatshield spell is conferring permanent bonuses to HP and regen, so that the bonuses have stacked as I've recast it. I am on dungeon level three; my character level is 10, and my Burliness is 16. Yet even with no active buffs and wearing no equipment at all, I have 155 hit points and my health regen is at 17. With those stats I could waltz through the rest of the game. While I briefly enjoyed the god-mode feeling of overwhelming power, I'd much prefer the fun and challenge of playing the game normally. I fear, however, that there's little point in my playing this character any further. :-(

Again, I can't be sure the Meatshield is what caused this, but since I've been relying on it heavily and it affects both HP and regen it seems plausible. If at this moment I cast it and then dispell it, its effects appear and then vanish as they should. But clearly something went awry in this character's recent past. Perhaps Meatshield (or whatever else caused this) malfunctions only in conjunction with some other factor, which earlier was active but right now is not. I didn't notice exactly when the inappropriate HP/regen bonuses appeared; only when I realized I was taking no lasting damage from combat did I open up my character window to discover what was up.

2. In about four hours of play, the game has crashed three times. Each crash occurred very soon (i.e. a few seconds and/or turns) after autosaving, so I wonder whether the autosave procedure itself is causing the crash. Luckily the autosave makes it easy to pick up where I left off, but it's still annoying to have to relaunch the game from Steam. By contrast, 1.0.9revb never crashed for me at all.

3. The new crafting interface sort buttons are great! However, they do not refresh automatically when I open the crafting interface; I have to deselect them and then select them again in order to get it to recognize recent craftable additions to my inventory. It would be nice if each time I opened the interface, it could reflect accurately and immediately the contents of the inventory.

Thanks for your attention.

Attached Files:

Marak likes this.
  11. FaxCelestis

Wow, you are a very special kind of person.

The bugs you mention are things that were not on the buglist, and your tone makes me seriously consider getting a forum warning or two telling you how much of a dick you're being. I doubt you've even looked at the changelog. Grow up.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I was thinking that too Fax. Getting banned for the awful things I had in mind *May* just be worth it. :)

*Edit* BTW, his last post on the 29th he said he had not even loaded DoD in two weeks. So I fail to understand the hostility on his part.

13. Glazed

Glazed Member

You can think whatever you want about GLG and their testing and release practices, but this is just ignorant. A tech at Steam in this case takes whatever GLG gives them and publishes them to the download servers. When Nicholas sent the files to the tech he got an "out of office" reply. Then, much to everyone's surprise, that person popped in the office and pushed the files to the download server for us. The tech contact at Steam has no way of creating or affecting bugs in the game! He's just a guy who submits the files to the download servers. Whatever bugs or issues exist in the game were going to be there whether the tech took two minutes to deploy the files or two weeks.

Oh, but this is exactly what you warned them about. That the Steam tech would magically add bugs to the game. You are a very clever person to predict this impossibility!

If you're going to be a jerk, at least get your facts straight.

14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I've not started with pants. Just made a new character, and she's currently pantsless.

Also, my initial start up took two/three times as long as normal (10s, maybe?).

15. FaxCelestis

The "You can now start with pants" line is in reference to the <loadout > tag not playing well with the pants items before. RB Bergstrom found it when he was modding, and it's been sort of a weird thing until now.

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Oh, right. Oops.

Another thing I've noticed; if a lever is in the path of a bolt, it has a blood effect. Seriously.

Just done some Level 1 wandering; Two Brax stores next to each other, a few hidden walls (now I know what I'm looking for, almost), combat is... fairly typical, but feels a bit smoother.

17. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Finally had a chance to grab the new patch on Steam this morning before work, and here's my thoughts so far (about 30 min play time):

First I'll note that I successfully loaded my previous saved game, but decided I wanted a slighty different build anyway (he was barely through half of level 1) so killed him and started fresh.

- LOVE LOVE the sorting buttons on the crafting skills!
    - Was a bit disappointed that window positions still don't save
    - Great job with the new sound system! No more lag that makes me wonder if I'm about to crash and/or entering a zoo every time I open a door! Very clean smooth transitions in and out of shops now as well.
    - Encountered a couple of the new rooms already, such as the super sweet 3-bookshelf one, nice!
    - Can't wait to try out the new crafting plans! Some of the new defaults look really cool. I was curious though, why does alchemy control so much (alchemy kit, porta-sill, and the grinder of all things) and make things like pants and boots and gloves? Just seems... odd.
    - Is it intentional that the ingot press now only generates 1 ingot instead of 2? Seems like a potentially major nerf to crafting.

And finally, I was not able to wear cheese as armor and am very disappointed!! :D

Can't wait to try out more!

Marak likes this.
  18. I still get lag, maybe play a bit longer see if you get some I am on a lower floor if it makes a difference..

also forget cheese armour Im dissappointed I couldnt sew my wizard sleeve of power onto my one sleeved jacket and use the wizard sleeves mystical unkown powers due to not having a sleeve slot lol.

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

# of ingots depends on crafting level, IIRC.

20. Wolg

Wolg Member

The crafting filters do have a couple of minor irritations for me:
    1. "Have ingredients" doesn't update available recipes as your inventory changes.
    2. Applying filters can leave your recipe selection sitting on nothing.
    Given that the green tick/red X for each ingredient updates with inventory changes, having the filters run as well doesn't seem a big deal... Of course, it'd also be nice if a recipe's viability considered how many of each item were required (eg. don't show deep omelette as makable if diggle eggs held < 4), but hey, the results look good thus far...

...though the steam cloud sync did have the unpleasant surprise of seemingly removing the existing savegames off the second machine I played it on, but I was going to delete them anyway.:caddishness:

Lobo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.