Dredmor 1.0.10 Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Nicholas, Apr 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Put feedback on the new patch here!

2. Fayd

Fayd Member

Can't comment to say more than it did just download on Steam for me. That's a good first step!

3. Dire Llama

Dire Llama Member

On loading my .10 rev9 savegame game freezes and then give error. Oh well, time for another reroll :/

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

sprites/sfx/lightningarc/ had its contents changed from lightningarc_000X.png to lightningarc000x.png. Did this happen anywhere else? Inquiring modders want to know!

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

6. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

I'm excited to see that the patch has posted to Steam! I was really confused by the date and detail listing though... It says "Jan 4, 2012" and only lists 7 items in the changelog. Did the wrong changelog get attached to the package?

Note that I'm at work and can't test the actual game at the moment.

7. Zzinged

Zzinged Member

The patch notes must be huge! I tried looking for it but perhaps they're so big I can't see the forest for the trees :p

8. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Report: When using the "last" button at the selection screen for a skill with a skillname instead of id, the game doesn't seem to remember the skills properly.

9. Nicholas

Our tech contact put the build up on his way to the airport while stopping in the office for 10 minutes - we caught him just as he was about to go out the door on vacation. :) Consequently, the changelog for Steam may have disappeared. I'll put up a full patch post today.

Lightning arc: Yes, modders will have to update their skills. We put this in for all patch RCs from 1.0.9 onwards, but I guess it wasn't clear that people should delete the old files for compatibility purposes. Essentially, it used a different convention from everything else in the game and this bugged David... or something? I dunno. :) Regardless, this is a good time for everybody to update their mods to ensure compatibility with the full game release.

"Last choices" not remembering: ... *sigh* yes, it would do that. Annoying that we didn't catch that during 9 RCs. An easy fix for later.

10. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Ha! That's awesome :) I eagerly await reading the several hundred line changelog!

11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Just finished a game session with the update, I was kicked off the game by a sudden crash (with no particular reason, i was fighting a carrot on 7th level and it died, but i've fought an entire zoo after this... with, obv, carrots).
    I was playing with a fungus character, and I've realized the change in the 1st skill. I somehow like this change, since it saves me the time and the pain to spore every single mob in my way, but my stash of spores is still there; patches of dirty too. It was wanted? And if not, why there still is the dirt, if it cannot be spored anymore?

12. Wedge

Wedge Member

Yeeep, this is why I was worried about using the RC. Turns out I was right. Just lost my save file on floor 10 =<.

Anyways is any of that Steam Cloud/Workshop stuff supposed to be out with this patch?

13. Ichabod

Ichabod Member

@Vitellozzo - I've also experienced crashes after the update, except on Floor 14. I can explore about 5 rooms before it happens, but I haven't figured out the cause yet. At first I thought it was a Holy Hand Grenade, or from fireballing a large group of monsters, but the last 2 crashes have happened while walking. Maybe it's the new autosave feature?

14. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

I believe both are with this patch, yes. Can't test till tonight though.

15. Michael88

Michael88 Member

Do we know why flame-breath slows down sometimes? :(

16. coldcandor

coldcandor Member

Last I heard, the cause was yet unknown and has been present for a while. Sorry :(

17. My old save crashed, my new save I had 7 health and no damage or anything nearby to damage me and it killed me, I still think saving consuming a turn is stupid but to take damage from nothing and die is ridiculous it said I set off a trap mine when none was nearby luckily loading bought me back and nothing hurt me, is the vitality tap meant to stack so that when you take the potion you get from it it only restores you to the previous tapped state as before today it took me back to full health with no taps and I stacked a lot of the potions however now Im in a several stacked deep state and its only taking me up one level and keeping my max health low, also I have a form of knockout power I never had before where the enemies are falling asleep when I hit them often. Also my games been crashing far too often Ive had about 8 crashes in an hour.

18. Also next update Id like the position of my inventory and lutfisk boxes to be remembered so I dont have to keep moving them every time I load my save.

19. Nicholas

We can have the game remember the positions of your toolkits and inventory; that's not a problem. As for the "death saving" bug, I know what's causing it; it just didn't get fixed for 1.0.11 but we'll get it with the next patch.

Nobody else is reporting crashing at... quite that frequency. What OS and what distribution are you using?

20. steam, windows 7. 64 bit home.

And thanks the remembering the locations of those things would be a great improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.