Dreadstuck: The Homestuck Mod

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Edrobot, Apr 21, 2012.

1. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

It'll probably be one of the first 3 or so projects announced once totalconversion=1 works.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  2. mining

mining Member

Let's face facts, somebody already has one waiting in the wings.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  3. RionKatt

RionKatt Member

Hm. So I'm thinking that v1.05 isn't the most up to date. Can you upload the latest version here, too? Steam doesn't like me very much nowadays. D:

4. Killer2

Killer2 Member

Umm...sorry for necrobumping, but I can't seem to be able to install this mod. Every other mod I install works fine, but this one doesn't appear in the "Mods" in the launcher. Help!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Capital letters in directories. Just unzip it into your mods directory and it should work fine.

In a zip archive file names and directory names are case sensitive. Not so in a file system.

6. Killer2

Killer2 Member

I don't understand what I have to do.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You know where your mods directory is?

For Windows:
    XP and lower: documents and settings/<user name>/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/mods
    Vista and 7: users/documents/gaslamp games/dungeons of dredmor/mods

For Mac: username/Library/Application Support/Dungeons of Dredmor/Mods
    For Linux: $HOME/.local/share/Dredmor

Take the zip archive file and extract it into the directory for your OS as indicated above. Then see if it shows in the mod loader after reloading the game. If not, I will try to help some more. (In the meantime I will try to fix the archive to work correctly, but that may be a lot more work than it sounds like. This is the easiest way to make it work.)

*Edit*
    Getting this one to work as a zip is going to be a major bitch. It mixes case between filenames and references in the XML to those file names. So every one has to be lowercased.

Also a cursory run of the XML validator Glazed made shows additional errors that have to be fixed. And it crashes on start as I have it at the moment. It may work if unzipped, but for a while it will not be possible in a zip.

8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Here. A visual aid to the problem. (I am still working on it.)
    Error.jpg

To get it working correctly, I have to change each and every filename to all lowercase, and then change each reference to the filenames to match. It is easy, but takes some time.

9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Partly fixed. But the remaining errors are beyond my knowledge to fix. It is playable at least. Anyone who knows more care to look at this?

It is too big to just attach, so I put it on my Dropbox account.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jnmjn1cwoysuzm/Dredstuck V1_05 Fixed.zip

*Edit* The errors remaining seem mostly to be either something I do not understand about how the art for the skills is referenced or the absolute lack of art for the debug side of the skills. (I have a few more tasks to handle at the moment, but I think anyone who knows this stuff can fix or confirm it is fixed in a mere moment.)

10. I've had problems with being unable to load the saves made with the hipsterology skill, and I've finally found how to fix it. Here it is:

OmniaNigrum likes this.