Drama Queen

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by bluehinter, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Where is this guy? He missed one of his problems.

His tree doesn't actually give you Rogue levels.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

That happens whenever you give a skill both a name and an id#. I had that problem with CES for a few weeks when the name system first started.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  3. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

Thanks to Kazuhiro for catching this. (and Essence for the quick explanation)
    As you can see from the dump of my skillDB file below, I'm only using skillName="dramaqueen", no ID# at all.

Do you guys think this is a problem with skillName in general, or possibly caused by something else?
    I can try swapping it over to an ID#, though given a choice, I'd rather use the name just to avoid potential mod conflicts down the road.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Take out the skillName tags; they're prolly responsible.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  5. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

How to make your own Skill ID's:

- Spell your name in leetspeak
    - add 00 at the end of it

You now have place for 100 skill mods.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

For some reason Steam seemed to have a problem with my update, but on the third try I finally got it to go through and function correctly. I've verified that the rogue levels are going up the way they're supposed to now.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

The mod I downloaded from here seems to have problems with loading the game (it says it's missing so the save becomes unusable). I haven't tried the Steam version though, and it might be me, just thought I would mention in case anybody else has this issue.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. bluehinter

bluehinter Member

Hmmm.... Is it still in your mod folder, and have you tried re-downloading it?
    If you try creating a new game, does it show up in the list of available skills and allow you to save and play off of that game?
    Also, how old is your save game? Was it created prior to December 30th?

As Kazuhiro pointed out, there was a problem with using skillName instead of an ID number which meant that you didn't get rogue levels when you leveled up, so I made an update to give it id="916001" instead. If you downloaded the update to version 1.0.5 and attempted to open a save game that was created with 1.0.4, it's possible it may not recognize it at the same skill set, even though the Skill Name is the same.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Kilkakon

Kilkakon Member

I only downloaded it on like the 3rd of this month, so it should be recent enough. I put it in the mods directory, yeah. :)

But I'll happily redownload it and give it another try.

EDIT: Seems to work this time!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Mochan

Mochan Member

I've been trying to create a "Orator" type class trying to finish the game with nothing but skills that talk, talk, talk and minimal physical combat or magic. I'm not having much luck, the skills just aren't all that strong. But I will keep trying until I kill Dredmor with a build like this.

I'm currently using:

Drama Queen
    Silver Tongue
    Star Lawyer
    Magical Law
    Conspiracy Victim
    Banker
    Paranormal Investigator

So far not having much luck. I was able to level out Drama Queen and Star Lawyer up. The Capstone of Drama Queen wasn't all that powerful and didn't really help me in most situations. I was hoping Ego Trip would be a good attack but it's not scaling too well around level 3 or so it wasn't really doing much anymore. Star Lawyer was a much more powerful skill tree but wasn't all power either, since there's a lot of skill stacking that needs to be done to make it effective, and a ton of cooldowns.

Overall though I will keep at this kind of build and see if I can really pull it off, maybe with luck and the right items coming my way I can get it to work but I'm just afraid that none of these skill trees really scale well to the lower levels of the dungeon. But I'll keep at it! I really want to succeed and beat Dredmor as a Drama Queen.