Dragon Knight [1.09]

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by mamga, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Aristobulus

Aristobulus Member

Will updating the mod ever cause saves to break, or make me unable to load a character in progress if they were using the dragon knight class?

2. mamga

mamga Member

I'm not sure about the rules regarding what makes saves break. I think saves can break if a skill is ever depreciated or if what a skill does is changed.

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Deprecation won't break skills. That's the whole point of deprecation and not removal. Of course depreciation will break it, it's value reduced so much that the game throws it away.
    It might break if you do something drastic to the skill line itself like making it shorter when someone had the last skill. Removing spells given will probably also break it.

4. Onamar

Onamar Member

Nah, removing spells doesn't break anything, I installed Essences's Core Skills Rebalance and it worked fine, despite the fact that I was using the Mace tree and one of the skills was removed.

Well, maybe it didn't break because I hadn't spent a point on the skill in question yet, who knows.

5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

He wrote "spells given", Onamar; that means your case doesn't apply if you didn't have the skill that got deleted/changed yet.

6. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Bug--firefly isn't doing anything at all; it doesn't leave a trail of fire, nor does it proc explosions.

7. mamga

mamga Member

Found the source of the bug. The dots on firefly could be resisted. There is a workaround by putting the resist into firefly. but this leaves you completely vulnerable for magic attacks for one turn... At least until i find a way to find a better way to fix this bug. I also removed some extra files that the mod isn't using, so the filesize should be back to normal.

8. mamga

mamga Member

I'm an idiot. Looked at xml for fairywodger and the workaround is no longer needed. 1.2b in just a sec.

edit: 1.2b made firefly irresistible but didn't remove the workaround for 1.2a. 1.2c uploaded.

9. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Minor bug with latest build--fiery flight doesn't give +1 conflagatory resist.

The skill line seems quite balanced now--I still stand by my suggestion of an activated attack of some sort that isn't a proc, but I'm not going to sweat it.

Great mod. Maybe some dragon-themed items?

10. mamga

mamga Member

Is the resist simply not displayed on the skill or is it not showing up on the character sheet?

11. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

My bad. It's just not showing up on the skill itself--taking the skill still gives the stats.

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Now that is odd. I'd like to see the XML that led to that particular situation.

13. Onamar

Onamar Member

I was messing around with this mod earlier, I died a few floors in just trying to take out a horde of Octos in the Monster Zoo, but holy crap Dragon Form is awesome.

14. mamga

mamga Member

It has to do with Polymorph. I had to enter the skill (Fiery Flight) in twice under the same level so that the player could use it while in Dragon Form and out of Dragon Form. But it looks like it's displaying the Polymorphed version of the skill which doesn't give fire resist.

15. Pokenoob

Pokenoob Member

I really like this skill a lot! The 2 health regen really work well with Chomp! I love the Regular fire magic, but this works very well with a warrior/mage like character, which I play as a lot. It need more passive stats. Sure the fire resistance is good but idk. I look forward to new skills if you choose to make anymore! :D

16. Linguine

Linguine Member

Anyone know how to fix this problem? It happens when I use it with or without other mods. Windows Vista, and im using the expansion.

Attached Files:

17. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It's because of the capitalization of the file name not being important on some, but required on others. Thus when it was made that wasn't an issue.

The latest download should have that fixed though.

18. mamga

mamga Member

It should be fixed. The file is still called chomp32.png And upon downloading the latest version, the capitalization should be correct. Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

19. TCM999

TCM999 Member

sorry if this has already been awserd but i go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dungeons of dredmor\mods is this the correct place to put it and what should it be called as it isnt showing up in the mods section of dod when i go to mods

20. Pokenoob

Pokenoob Member

nope.avi