Dozen ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by j3st3r, Nov 9, 2011.

1. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

Here's my ideas:
    1. Enemies drop Offal / Cube of Flesh.
    2. Grilled Cheese Sandwich can be made using other cheeses, e.g. Cheese Round.
    3. Smelting uses Smithing instead of Tinkering as a skill. (ingot recipes should show it as a prereq.)
    4. Grog is an Alchemy recipe.
    5. Bolas is a Tinkering recipe.
    6. Magical Badass Jacket is a Tinkering recipe.
    7. Ingoteer / Metallurgical Practitioner gives you an ability to transform a metal ingot into another metal ingot.
    8. Crafting items aren't stackable. (e.g. if you find a grinder and you already have a grinder, you can't stack them)
    9. If you sell a stack of items, you can choose how many of them you actually sell.
    10. You can easily divide stackable items inside your inventory.
    11. Crafting a new item takes at least a turn OR isn't possible during battle (e.g. you are adjacent to an enemy)
    12. There are chests, backpacks, sacks, pouches, and similar items that you can carry inside your inventory and that gives you extra space to store your loot.
    While they're quite small changes, I'd really love to see them coming true.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, Grog actually is an Alchemy recipe.

The rest of 1-7 should be easy to mod in once mod support happens.

And +1 on 8-12. :)

3. j3st3r

j3st3r Member

I don't mean to nitpick, but it's a distilling recipe.

While I'm at it, how about secret recipes? (recipes that can't be found from bookshelves)

Also if you're trying to craft items and haven't got recipes for them, there should sometimes be different mishappenings:
    • you lose all the ingredients involved in the process
    • you create a monster
    • there's an explosion
    • you get a random debuff (set yourself on fire, acid burn, etc.)

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Distilling isn't a skill. Alchemy is a skill. Crafting with the Porta-Still is dependent on your Alchemy level, therefore Grog is an Alchemy recipe. And isn't it silly to make Grog in an alchemy kit when you've got a still handy?