Double level-up

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by zeemeerman2, Feb 22, 2012.

1. zeemeerman2

zeemeerman2 Member

I just leveled up two levels at once. Is that intentional or a bug?
    It happened quite unexpected, this was how I did it.

1. Revealed a monster zoo on No Time To Grind.
    2. Put several Runes of Exploding on empty tiles on the floor near the middle of the room, to get the greatest results. Every turn I did this, until my mana was depleted.
    3. I leveled when I put down the fourth Rune of Exploding, my mana was now exactly zero.

A massive amount of enemies died at the same turn because of the explosions and the burn-over-time-damage, and so, I gained a massive amount of experience.

I didn't check it as I didn't really expected it, but I think this happened. This should be fairly easy to check in debug mode for the developers, I think.

You know how when you choose your skills on a level-up, your maximum experience increases but your experience bar doesn't reset to zero just yet. That happens yet when you click the X. So I think at that point, I have 100% of the bar filled and leveled up again.

Sorry if I'm not clear. Let's put it this way;
    • Your experience bar is 490 from 500.
    • You gain 20 experience.
    • You level-up. At the skill selection screen, you now have 510 exp of say, 750 exp.
    • When choosing your skill and close the window, your skill bar has reset to 0 of 750 exp.
    • If by any chance you can get 260+ exp when you have 490 exp, you don't only level from the 500 mark, but also from the 750 mark, and level-up twice in a row in one turn.
    So my question is; is this an intentional design or is it an overlooked bug?

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  2. Chopkinsca

Chopkinsca Member

This is already a known issue. A couple of threads on the same problem are in the bugs forums.