(Done) I am going to try streaming some CE on Twitch, feel free to drop by and laugh at me.

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alephred, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I hope it's okay to announce this in its own thread, I didn't know exactly where to put it.

I recently realized that I have all the hardware and software necessary to stream some Clockwork Empires on Twitch. It's a lazy Saturday, and I have some free time. I would appreciate a small, friendly audience. Naturally, I thought of the Gaslamp forums folks.

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/alephred
    When : Feb 20 from 4-6 pm EST (GMT -5)

I have never streamed anything live, ever. How hard could it be, right? I promise not to block the stream with my face or blast loud music over the game audio.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
    dbaumgart, Samut and Unforked like this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

I will definitely try to be there! It all depends on if my son naps or not. So much always depends on that...

3. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Sweet! I'll set up an alarm to remember

4. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

That was fun, and Unforked and I both lived. Praise the Cog!

5. Alephred

There were a couple technical problems which, I believe, might be related to bitrate or bandwidth on my end. But the stream itself was fun. In two hours, I went from 0 to 20ish colonists. We talked about Clockwork Empires things, mainly griping about interface elements and enjoying a chuckle at the expense of the Romantic military, and the neverending stream of huge beetles.

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

Had a great time with this and I'm looking forward to more!

7. mrclint

mrclint Member

To bad I missed that.
    Next time, can you make a message here even if you start a new thread? (It's under watch now.)

8. Alephred

Sure, if I try streaming again (perhaps this coming weekend) I'll announce it further ahead of time. :)

mrclint likes this.
  9. Samut

Samut Member

Will you put your session up on YouTube at some point?

10. Alephred

I decided not to have Twitch archive the stream, since it was very casual, and I didn't really know what I was doing. I'm going to consider it for stream I do in future, though.

Samut likes this.
  11. Samut

Samut Member

Sounds good. Thanks.

12. Alephred

Just a note for folks still watching this thread:

I'm going to do a proper Twitch stream this coming Saturday, same time as last week - (Feb. 27, 4-6 pm EST). I'm going to start a new thread, and maybe get more of the forum regulars in there to talk shop, so to speak.

13. Unforked

Unforked Member

Hope I can be there. Will you play the latest experimental (if it comes out before then) or stick to the main branch?

14. Alephred

I'll play whatever the latest Experimental release is, unless it proves to be excessively crashy or something.

Also, I'm going to continue discussions in the new thread, so I'm not clogging up the boards with two threads. :)

15. Alephred

Thread for this coming Saturday is over here.